News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2 channel powered headphone mixer vero style!

Started by jimilee, August 22, 2014, 09:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Client asked me to build it, didn't want artwork, didn't do art work. Lessons I learned:
1 if you don't put all the components on the board, it will not work.
2. If you don't solder the components you do put on, it will not work.
3. Learned how to read vero layouts so I could troubleshoot it.
It has 1/8th in for an iPod and 1/4 I'm for guitar, 1/8th headphone out and 1/4 out cause he "might want to hook it to his amp."

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

bcalla

Nice.  Keep the customer satisfied.  You usually put a fair amount of effort into artwork, must have been frustrating to deliver something so plain. Even if it is what he asked for.

Regarding points 1 & 2, I think if I put them on a poster in front of my workstation I'd still do them because I wouldn't bother to read the poster.

jimilee

Yeah it feels weird not putting anything on it. I wrote on the inside with a sharpie, so I feel. Little better.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ThePastRecedes

I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

jimilee

Sean Ryan. I forget his forum name, but he makes them. Seanryancustoms.com I believe.

rullywowr

Cool device.

Quote from: jimilee on August 22, 2014, 01:28:07 PM
Sean Ryan. I forget his forum name, but he makes them. Seanryancustoms.com I believe.

Sean makes great knobs.  His website is actually www.srceffects.com

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jimilee

Basically he wants to plug his iPod in and his bass and learn songs.