Main Menu

Pharaoh NOW with faceplate sizing tips

Started by billstein, March 21, 2014, 11:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atreidesheir

Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

billstein

Quote from: ncdb07 on March 22, 2014, 05:39:00 AM
Just a question: Did you paint the waferboard of the input/output jacks or did they come that way?

These are the cheap jacks from Tayda. They come that color.

billstein

Quote from: jimilee on March 22, 2014, 06:30:01 AM
Quote from: billstein on March 21, 2014, 11:09:59 PM

The graphics are a waterslide decal over the copper on a PCB then Envirotexed.
On a PCB? Could you clarify / explain how and what PCB you used?

Hey Jimi. I just cut a blank PCB to size and didn't etch any copper away. I drilled the holes and put the decal on then Envirotexed it all.

jimilee

Quote from: billstein on March 25, 2014, 06:05:53 PM

Quote from: jimilee on March 22, 2014, 06:30:01 AM
Quote from: billstein on March 21, 2014, 11:09:59 PM

The graphics are a waterslide decal over the copper on a PCB then Envirotexed.
On a PCB? Could you clarify / explain how and what PCB you used?

Hey Jimi. I just cut a blank PCB to size and didn't etch any copper away. I drilled the holes and put the decal on then Envirotexed it all.
Ooohhhh, cool
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

billstein

Quote from: bcalla on March 22, 2014, 06:24:39 AM
Stunning!!

How did you trim the copper board like that?  It's perfect.

I've got a technique I've come up with that makes it fairly simple. I took some pictures and I need to put it all together to explain it. I'll post these as soon as I get a chance.

Gledison

Quote from: billstein on March 25, 2014, 06:09:55 PM

Quote from: bcalla on March 22, 2014, 06:24:39 AM
Stunning!!

How did you trim the copper board like that?  It's perfect.

I've got a technique I've come up with that makes it fairly simple. I took some pictures and I need to put it all together to explain it. I'll post these as soon as I get a chance.
Great! Please keep us informed when you have time! I think that lots of pips here will be very interested on this!
Great job
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

AntKnee

That looks amazing!!!
I would really like to see what the artwork looked like before it had the copper behind it. I mean, how much did the copper fill it out? Was there a lot of white/clear that turned copper after you applied the decal?
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

billstein

I've added some pictures on how I size the faceplate in the original post.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: billstein on March 31, 2014, 12:34:12 PM
I've added some pictures on how I size the faceplate in the original post.

Thanks for that.. plus that Current Lover faceplate looks GREAT. Such a detailed etch. I don't know why I never thought of sanding the faceplate while on the box.. so simple and yet so effective. Thanks for the walkthrough

Cody

mah62

Thank you for taking the time to share this with everybody. Pure class!

Mark

rullywowr

Bill, that is totally sick!  Awesome tutorial, the Current Lover plate and "how to" are excellent. Thanks for sharing your technique.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

billstein

Thanks again guys for the kind words. I'm glad I could give something back to the community.

nzCdog

Wow missed this one... very impressive build! 8)

davent

Wow, wow, wow, the pictures look exceptional! The bar keeps getting higher and higher... where will it end?

Thanks for showing us how.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

billstein

Thanks again everybody. I went back in and cleaned up some of the writing. I rushed this out late one night and it read like it. I'm not a great writer in the first placed but when rushed I'm really bad.

I also flipped a couple of pictures that were placed incorrectly.

Quote from: davent on April 01, 2014, 04:45:33 PM
The bar keeps getting higher and higher... where will it end?

I know. We all seem to be pushing each other higher and higher. Great situation to be in.