News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

new build - 8 channel bypass looper with built in buffer and slambox

Started by UncleDave, April 06, 2011, 07:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleDave

so the title says most of the neccisary stuff. I built this for a friend. it's my second pedal so it took a lot of research for me. took forever to find an enclosure suitable imo. here it is. sorry for the messyness.

UncleDave

[attachment deleted by admin]

UncleDave

UncleDave

maysink

[nothing to see here]
-e

UncleDave

mattpoole

nzCdog

UncleDave

the enclosure is a hammond 1441 satin black. took me a long time to find one that i liked. i had to call some company to order this one. it was like 40 bucks after shipping. it's 5"x9"x2" i almost got one that was 13" long, but i'm making this for a friend and he wanted it to be as compact as possible. if it was for me i'd do a little bigger one, just so i could space out my swithes a bit more for foot space.

and i'm not sure what he's running, but or what's buffered this pedal just has a buffer at the front end of the chain to help the signal. i'm not super sabby on the whole buffer thing. not exactly sure how they work but what i've read makes them sound pretty important.

JeffdaMaori

Great job, certainly tons of drilling and wiring in this, well done!
I think a buffer is really helpful in the front to push the signal through all those loops without loss.

Great!

Andy

UncleDave

Thanks dude. I really appreciate it. For me this was a lot of work but I hope to get into bigger and/or better things.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Woah. Thats amazing for your second build! I'm excited to see what you have yet to come.  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals