News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ross compressor w/ blend and janglebox mod

Started by jimmybjj, March 28, 2011, 06:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmybjj

Ross compressor with wet/dry blend courtesy of Processaurus (who was very helpful and patient with me) http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=40292.0 and the janglebox mod on back.

Pcbs no longer available

nzCdog

Awesome!  What a great idea, love to hear it action if you could post a clip... the DIY compressors I've heard aren't as subtle as I prefer, so having a mix control would be awesome

Om_Audio

What is the switch on the bottom for? I have an original but it does not have a switch.
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

jimmybjj

Quote from: nzCdog on March 28, 2011, 06:36:21 PM
Awesome!  What a great idea, love to hear it action if you could post a clip... the DIY compressors I've heard aren't as subtle as I prefer, so having a mix control would be awesome

Sorry not setup for that right now.
Quote from: Om_Audio on March 28, 2011, 07:17:24 PM
What is the switch on the bottom for? I have an original but it does not have a switch.
C

Its the "Janglebox" mod meant to give that "Byrds" sound
Pcbs no longer available

crash

What do you change for the janglebox mod?  I have a Ross compressor that I have not boxed up yet.  I might try it out. 

pauloman80

I'm highly intrigued by the addition of the blend control and wonder if it's something I could add to my MXR Dyna Comp as a mod...
--------------------------------------------------
Regards,
pauloman80

jimmybjj

Quote from: crash on March 29, 2011, 05:06:59 PM
What do you change for the janglebox mod?  I have a Ross compressor that I have not boxed up yet.  I might try it out. 
lifts the .001uf cap parallel to the 150k resistor at the output of the 3080
Pcbs no longer available

jimmybjj

Quote from: pauloman80 on March 30, 2011, 05:00:22 AM
I'm highly intrigued by the addition of the blend control and wonder if it's something I could add to my MXR Dyna Comp as a mod...

check out the barber tone press. as I understand it (keep in mind my understanding is limited) the barber is a Ross comp clone with a blend knob
Pcbs no longer available

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jimmybjj

Quote from: gtr2 on March 30, 2011, 08:26:53 AM
I like the Cars themed logo!

very good eye  ;) it is in fact a photoshoped cars logo ;D
Pcbs no longer available

gtr2

Yeah, unfortunately I've seen that movie more than I care to mention... :D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

irmcdermott

did you use a specific layout that incorporated the janglebox switch?

jimmybjj

Quote from: irmcdermott on April 03, 2011, 03:03:59 PM
did you use a specific layout that incorporated the janglebox switch?

no two different boards joined at ground.
Pcbs no longer available

JeffdaMaori

This would be a great version of Ross comp to have a Madbean board on the projects page (with blend control and jangle switch mod)! Yaya! ;D