News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Blue Warbler -- Ver. 2

Started by midwayfair, March 30, 2014, 03:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

For Scooter. :) This is actually his PIFmas present ... or rather, a backup PIFmas present, since his other present didn't work out (it was going to be a new circuit design that didn't work in the PCB stage).

I'll post the new schematic and layout soon, but the circuit has had a pretty major overhaul, including a new smaller envelope circuit with better control, a MOSFET dry path, and a depth control that actually works properly. Mine is very slightly different from Jacob's forthcoming project, mostly just a couple different component values, but Jacob's PCB is also going to have a couple extra options on it. The really big things are that the tremolo mode is back on -- no more volume drop! -- and that it now works with a wider range of photocells instead of requiring the VTL5C1. I used a Silonex 7530 here (the same photocell used in many univibe clones) because it looks awesome.

I'm still filming the demo, which I have to finish tonight before I mail this off to Scooter.

nzCdog

lincolnic

Man, that looks so good I didn't even notice the Rate knob was a knob at first!

...no, I'm not tired. Why do you ask?

Stomptown

Beautifully done Jon! The artwork is great always.  ;D

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

peAk

flanagan0718

Quote from: lincolnic on March 30, 2014, 08:34:03 PM
Man, that looks so good I didn't even notice the Rate knob was a knob at first!

...no, I'm not tired. Why do you ask?

+1! I didn't notice it until I read your comment. Haha! looks good Jon! I think this is the first 1590B I've seen you do in a while.