News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

IDA Tusk OD Proto

Started by GrindCustoms, March 29, 2014, 01:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Tusk Overdrive proto is verified, this layout is the most easy to populate klone i ever did..... same for boxing.

Really happy that i've got my main Drives ready... i finally have couple things to offer for the initial product launch. :)

PCB comes with a 2PDT footswitch daughter board... but i completely forgot to order some..... :roll:

First to find the mistake gets a proto pcb! ;)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

marauder

Nice.  Easy build klone at last.

You ran out of 82nf caps.

Tremster

The mistake is of course in the shiny pink finish you intended!
Nice Klon layout!

muddyfox

What's wrong is that the top right pot (whatever that is) is not set to 11!  ;D

timbo_93631

Are there extra LED or pot shaft pilot holes under the bottom edge of the volume and tone control knobs?
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

micromegas

Cannot find an error, but I'm cannot figure out what are that pair of connection points between D1 and R7 lower right quadrant

OK -> I'll respond myself -> LED
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

Jabulani Jonny

Quote from: timbo_93631 on March 29, 2014, 05:20:28 AM
Are there extra LED or pot shaft pilot holes under the bottom edge of the volume and tone control knobs?

THat's the only thing I see.  Although I think Rej normally drills holes for the little pot lugs, just not sure they're supposed to go all the way through. 
Jonathan

micromegas

Quote from: Jabulani Jonny on March 29, 2014, 06:14:41 AM

THat's the only thing I see.  Although I think Rej normally drills holes for the little pot lugs, just not sure they're supposed to go all the way through.

They seem like holes for pot tags and I checked with por orientation and those are ok for me.

The only thing I could thing missing is another resistor between lugs 2 and 5 of the switch to complete the buffered bypass (but that resistor could be in the pcb too....)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

pickdropper

Nice build (and layout), Rej.

I'm going to go with Tremster and the shiny pink enclosure mistake.   ;D
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

timbo_93631

Funny how I can see the tabs now that I've had my coffee.  Wow.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

sonarchotic

You didn't use those wizard's beard diodes. Just plain old human made ones.

jimilee

This!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: marauder on March 29, 2014, 01:52:59 AM
Nice.  Easy build klone at last.

You ran out of 82nf caps.

First reply and WIN! I can't seem to find my mouser bag of 82nf.. so i went with a 100nf...  ::)

Quote from: Tremster on March 29, 2014, 04:15:29 AM
The mistake is of course in the shiny pink finish you intended!
Nice Klon layout!

Hahahahaha! I like to see builds in pink but it's not a color that i personnaly favor.

Quote from: muddyfox on March 29, 2014, 04:37:20 AM

What's wrong is that the top right pot (whatever that is) is not set to 11!  ;D

It's the Gain, never i'll have that set to max on guitar does'nt do it for me, but on bass.... it's the way to go!

I drill the pot nubs hole on all of my build, personnal or commissioned, it's the only way to go for me.

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

GrindCustoms

Quote from: micromegas on March 29, 2014, 06:03:54 AM
Cannot find an error, but I'm cannot figure out what are that pair of connection points between D1 and R7 lower right quadrant

OK -> I'll respond myself -> LED

Exact! :D

Quote from: micromegas on March 29, 2014, 06:16:55 AM

They seem like holes for pot tags and I checked with por orientation and those are ok for me.

The only thing I could thing missing is another resistor between lugs 2 and 5 of the switch to complete the buffered bypass (but that resistor could be in the pcb too....)

That resistor is on-board.

Quote from: pickdropper on March 29, 2014, 06:19:13 AM
Nice build (and layout), Rej.

I'm going to go with Tremster and the shiny pink enclosure mistake.   ;D

There's only one fix to do on this proto before i order the full production batch, the hole diameter for the 1N4001 and Zener diodes are a bit too small, the lead stance is perfect just need to resize the holes so the component drop in.

We've also added width to the Ge stance so i stop breaking them... really love this layout... should have had it when i was building 25 klones a week.....

Quote from: timbo_93631 on March 29, 2014, 06:51:59 AM

Funny how I can see the tabs now that I've had my coffee.  Wow.

Hahahaha! High Five!

GrindCustoms

Quote from: sonarchotic on March 29, 2014, 07:12:20 AM
You didn't use those wizard's beard diodes. Just plain old human made ones.

Agreed.... :(

I've at least took the time to build it on a card table.

For the laugh....: