News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Breaking the drought

Started by nzCdog, March 29, 2014, 08:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

Been cold turkey a while now... busy with life and stuff, as you do

Two firsts, my first pedaltrain clone! lol.  (This thing is seriously lightweight!)

And my first actual tubescreamer clone (which I really like)
TS-9, No o/p buffer, 3-way eq sw and 2-way clipping

Obligatory guts... vero ftw!

selfdestroyer

Very nice builds. I love the natural finish on the pedal with the those knobs.. fits perfectly. Are you going to put a finish on the pedal board or leave it raw?

Cody

lincolnic

I agree, with those knobs this one is a real winner.

jimilee

Man that looks great, and vero mojo! Used about 10.00 worth of wire though. :D love the board.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Yay! Corey's off the wagon! :D

Nice looking build. How does the lack of an output buffer affect things? (It seems to be more common to leave off the input buffer).

nzCdog

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 29, 2014, 09:10:38 PM
Very nice builds. I love the natural finish on the pedal with the those knobs.. fits perfectly. Are you going to put a finish on the pedal board or leave it raw?

Cody

Thanks Cody!  I think I might lacquer the pedalboard, I kinda like the wood finish.   :D

Quote from: lincolnic on March 29, 2014, 09:18:41 PM
I agree, with those knobs this one is a real winner.

Thanks bro :D

Quote from: jimilee on March 29, 2014, 09:29:01 PM
Man that looks great, and vero mojo! Used about 10.00 worth of wire though. :D love the board.

Thanks jimi... Yeah I know he must really love that yellow wire huh? ;D

Quote from: midwayfair on March 29, 2014, 10:34:55 PM
Yay! Corey's off the wagon! :D

Nice looking build. How does the lack of an output buffer affect things? (It seems to be more common to leave off the input buffer).

Hey Jon!  ;D
My understanding is that it doesn't make much difference, but I pretty much just vero'ed one of IVIarks sweet layouts and liked the sound so it stuck.  (So, dunno really.)  I recommend the EQ mod... got the idea from BeavisAudio, and experimented a little... ended up switching from 27n to 49n to 127n using an on-off-on and 3 caps.  I use all 3 settings, depnding on the guitar/amp.  This one will be staying on the pedalboard!

lincolnic

I already complimented the pedal, so now I'm commenting to say that your dog is friggin' adorable. Or whoever's dog is in your profile pic, anyway!

Stomptown

Looks beautiful! How do you do the graphics/get that finish anyways? It looks sweet!

flanagan0718

Good stuff man! That pedal train look tight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

electrosonic

QuoteNice looking build. How does the lack of an output buffer affect things? (It seems to be more common to leave off the input buffer).

If your check out the amz son of screamer ( or a Timmy ), the transistor buffers are omitted. I think the input and output buffers were used in conjunction with the jfet switching. If you are using true bypass you can omit them. 

nzCdog

Quote from: lincolnic on March 30, 2014, 08:49:08 AM
I already complimented the pedal, so now I'm commenting to say that your dog is friggin' adorable. Or whoever's dog is in your profile pic, anyway!

Haha thanks lincolnic... from teh interwebz, but looks like a dog I'd like to know :-)

nzCdog

Quote from: Stomptown on March 30, 2014, 09:14:16 AM
Looks beautiful! How do you do the graphics/get that finish anyways? It looks sweet!
Hey Jon thanks!  Just decal paper put through a laser printer... really easy and comes in every colour as long as it's black ;)

nzCdog

Quote from: flanagan0718 on March 30, 2014, 09:56:21 AM
Good stuff man! That pedal train look tight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Bro! :D

Quote from: electrosonic on March 30, 2014, 11:26:34 AM
QuoteNice looking build. How does the lack of an output buffer affect things? (It seems to be more common to leave off the input buffer).

If your check out the amz son of screamer ( or a Timmy ), the transistor buffers are omitted. I think the input and output buffers were used in conjunction with the jfet switching. If you are using true bypass you can omit them. 

Thanks for this, yes I had a read thru RG Keens article on the screamers after Jon's question. 

Haberdasher

Hey Corey, looks really cool.  Good to see you around!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Bret608

I agree, really glad to see you back! You were pretty much the first person to comment on one of my build reports back in the day.

I like how this looks a lot. Did you sand that enclosure any before you decaled it? I may use a similar look on an upcoming build...