News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Portable Recording Solution

Started by adam_bz, December 14, 2014, 02:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adam_bz

Evening,

Im on the lookout for a portable recording device that I can use to record my amp and make sound clips of stuff i've made / written etc!

Ive seen the Zoom H5. Anybody used it, or can anybody recommend anything similar?

Thanks

selfdestroyer

I was looking at this last weekend. Looks good on paper and I really like the WIFI option.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DR22WL

Cody

ddog

I use the Zoom H2 for the above listed purposes. Very good, but the battery could be better (I use the eneloop rechargables so its not that bad). You also have to do research if you are interested in using an external mic. While the zoom h2's internal mic is good, external mic results in some hiss. I am not sure what the deal is with the h5.

I'd also check out the Sony PCM series. When I was researching they had better ratings then the zoom h2, but they were out of my budget

morganp

I have the Zoom H4 and I feel like the onboard stereo mic is surprisingly good.  I've gotten a lot of use out of the combo mic/instrument jacks, and we've used the onboard mics to record at all kinds of different input levels, from jotting down song ideas on the couch to working out arrangements at full metal band volume.
affiliation: www.dustystrings.com

hubb

If you're not looking for studio quality, I would recommend an ipad with a blue snowball mic.  We use this setup with an app called Recorder Plus to record our band practices.

The mic interfaces to the ipad using the camera connection kit.