News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

RG's univbe mods for Harbinger

Started by midwayfair, March 30, 2014, 02:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/univibe/univtech.htm

Skip down to the list at the bottom, especially #3 about getting the second notch. I'm not sure what schematic the numbering refers to for C7 etc.; does anyone know and could relate them to the harbinger schematic?

DutchMF

From reading the article, I got the feeling that RG is relating to the part numbers from the Neovibe schematic. The first series of caps (1uF in series with the LDR's, C6, C8, C11, and C14 as RG identifies them) would be C8, C11, C13 and C16 in the Harbinger. From the Neovibe schematic I saw online, the next series ( C7, C10, C13 and C16, again what RG calls them) would be C9, C12, C15 and C18 in the Harbinger, with C18 being left as is, 1uF. Not sure this is correct, but I think if you compare the Neovibe schematic with the Harbinger, you'll find what you need.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

miha

Hi, I tried replacing the 1uf caps (c8, c9, c11, c12, c14, c15 and c17 of the Warhead) for 10uf but I don't think there is much of a difference, the vibrato mode still sounds pretty thin and trebly to me, lacking bass. I did some research but couldn't find any more info on what could be done to change this. Any other ideas for this maybe? Also, would reducing the two 4k7 resistors make this thing vibe faster?

Cheers, Miha

midwayfair

Quote from: miha on April 09, 2014, 04:38:35 PMAlso, would reducing the two 4k7 resistors make this thing vibe faster?

To a point, yes, assuming it doesn't lock up and stop working altogether.

RobA

Quote from: midwayfair on March 30, 2014, 02:25:15 PM

Skip down to the list at the bottom, especially #3 about getting the second notch. I'm not sure what schematic the numbering refers to for C7 etc.; does anyone know and could relate them to the harbinger schematic?
Hey Jon,
I'm just getting ready to start populating my Harbinger board and I was thinking about doing this mod to it. So, I was wondering if you tried it and if so, what did you think?
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

midwayfair

Quote from: RobA on December 20, 2014, 05:05:14 PM

Hey Jon,
I'm just getting ready to start populating my Harbinger board and I was thinking about doing this mod to it. So, I was wondering if you tried it and if so, what did you think?

I didn't. I was pretty happy with the sound of it stock, so I decided not to mess with it.

RobA

Quote from: midwayfair on December 20, 2014, 07:21:30 PM
Quote from: RobA on December 20, 2014, 05:05:14 PM

Hey Jon,

I didn't. I was pretty happy with the sound of it stock, so I decided not to mess with it.
It does feel a bit weird to go and mod it before I've even heard it. But, I think I'm going to give it a try and I really don't want to socket that many caps. Hmm, maybe I'll socket them anyway. I can always tack them in when I've figured out which way I like best. Thanks for the info. 
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).