News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2 in 1 wiring question.

Started by Beedoola, April 03, 2014, 05:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beedoola

I have two circuits in one enclosure, with an In/Out jack.

My question is: do I wire the second circuit's footswitch the same as the first? Particularly regarding the grounded input? Since the second circuit is receiving its Input from the first circuits out/switch... I'm using the mad bean wiring diagram...

muddyfox

FWIW, whenever I do a 2-in-1 without an order switcher, I do it like this

Thomas_H

You use the wire going to the output jack and use it as if it were the input wire of the second switch.
You dont need another ground wire as the first input jack already has grounded the enclosure.
DIY-PCBs and projects:

Beedoola

Cool. Yeah I did everything like the diagram but no ground wire to the output jack.

thesameage

Just jumping in on this old thread. I'm wiring my first 2 in 1 tonight. It's a condor speaker sim>headphone amp. I'm not using any switches as it is always on and no battery.

Is this right?:
For power, I just go from the positive from the DC jack to the 9V+ on PCB 1, and then run a wire from the same connection on PCB 1 to PCB 2's 9V+. Right?

Both boards (from Thomas) have a 9V+ and - in/out on them. Do I need to run a ground from each of the 9V- holes? Or is using the ground from the board sufficient? 

Thomas_H

You need to do the same as you do with the +9v. Connect GND from the jack to the first board and run a cable from there to the second board.
But you will only need to use one other GND pad and connect it to signal ground.
DIY-PCBs and projects: