News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Duplex drive with sparkles (little audio clip)

Started by jubal81, April 03, 2014, 07:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

Cornish pair on an excellent layout by electricb.
I've never tried either of these effects before and I'm very impressed - really inspiring sounds.

Just got a cheap USB mic and got a little bit of audio of the G2:
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jubal81/g2-mini-clip[/soundcloud]
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

electricb

That is absolutely unbelievable. Is that an etch on the enclosure? How did you get the sparkles? It looks amazing.

Leevibe

That is superb inside and out!!!

peAk

and to top it off, Dinosaur Jr. album underneath

That is slick  8)

billstein

Wow Jubal! Your builds are amazing. If you hadn't already done the contest winner I'd say enter this.

And on a purely self serving note. Electricb will you be doing any more of these boards?

jubal81

Thanks, guys.

Quote from: electricb on April 03, 2014, 07:35:26 PM
That is absolutely unbelievable. Is that an etch on the enclosure? How did you get the sparkles? It looks amazing.

Yeah, etched and backfilled - first with black then with Krylon red Glitter Blast. I just out a stencil from the extra printout I had for the etch resist to keep the glitter out of the sections I didn't want it. Looks almost 3D in person.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

midwayfair

Did someone say ... sparkles?

rullywowr

Etch and sparkles are breathtaking. Inspiring. Raising the bar, you are.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

bcalla

That, my friend, is a work of art.

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

selfdestroyer

Love the layering of colors. I have just stared my hand at this also with mix results.. but yours give me hope that I just need to keep trying.  Your results are outstanding. Clean inside and out. On a side note, thanks for the reminder that I have this PCB also and I totally forgot.

Cody

sonarchotic

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jubal81

Quote from: midwayfair on April 03, 2014, 08:05:05 PM
Did someone say ... sparkles?

I'm pretty sure that's a key strategy in CIA enhanced interrogations ...

Oh, and I feel pretty.
- David Fair

lincolnic

I think the real wizard is you for pulling off such a beautiful build.