News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My NAD!!!!

Started by jimilee, April 04, 2014, 01:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

So this is my new amp. Got it from mike Ballard a little bit ago and then today scored these shall cab for 130. Works great for raging in my music room.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

rullywowr

Killer man.  I have a Egnater Renegade and love it!  :)  Rawk on.... 8)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

bcalla

Nice setup!  Good luck to your neighbors...

jimilee

Quote from: bcalla on April 04, 2014, 01:38:49 PM
Nice setup!  Good luck to your neighbors...
They already know I'm a bass player  8)
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jubal81

You done good. I had one for a while and it's really great, and probably the best amp value on the planet.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jkokura

I use a Tweaker too. Fantastic little amp.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GermanCdn

Nicely done Jimi, similar to my Tweaker rig, only I'm running it into a 2X12 sealed cab.

Soon you will all but have forgotten there's a string gauge past 0.054........
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jimilee

Quote from: GermanCdn on April 04, 2014, 02:07:01 PM
Nicely done Jimi, similar to my Tweaker rig, only I'm running it into a 2X12 sealed cab.

Soon you will all but have forgotten there's a string gauge past 0.054........
I was looking for a 1x12 or 2x12 when I found this for 130. And srjeres a gauge past .054????:)

Leevibe

Right on! That looks like a good pairing. Is it a 2x12, 4x10, or 4x12? I have an old Marshall 2x12 that looks a lot like that size.

Clayford

head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

jimilee

Quote from: Leevibe on April 04, 2014, 03:25:00 PM
Right on! That looks like a good pairing. Is it a 2x12, 4x10, or 4x12? I have an old Marshall 2x12 that looks a lot like that size.
4x12

Clayford

Jimi - I like those lunch box setups

head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

wgc

Sweet! Gotta love that setup
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jimijam

Egnater makes fantastic stuff. I got one of the m4 modular preamps when he did a limited hand-built reissue run last year.Fantastic peice of gear.
     How is the headroom on the 15 watt tweaker. I have been tryng to decide between this and the 40 watt. you can't beat the price. and they can be ridiculously cheap on some used ones. 
     I would love to go to his amp building seminar in detroit that is coming up. I think it's gonna be a 50watt plexi ths go around.
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

jkokura

The 15 has enough clean headroom to get you above a moderate to lid drummer. However, because of the master volume and hot/clean switch, you can easily run those tubes at the same volume and get breakup.

Only thing I miss is the onboard reverb.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals