News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking aka: Master Luke

Started by masterlk, March 31, 2011, 07:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masterlk

Hey folks - This is my second Madbean build and I like it a lot. I went for the basic clean K_on copy look. It's tough to take pics of the polished enclosure. Anyway, I used the 1n270's, everything else is per the build doc. I really have to thank a forum memeber, mjcyates, who helped with ordering the parts for this and my first build and giving a newbie some good pointers early on, thanks Marvin! Even though I'm a total newb the build docs and this forum made this build fire up the first time, I rocked it before I boxed it!

This was also my first etch. It's not perfect but I like the way it turned out. I think I have been bitten by the etching bug, I'll be doing more of these.

Nick

[attachment deleted by admin]

mjcyates

That is a great looking pedal! Glad I was able to help!

nzCdog

Wow nice finish... did you buff the enclosure to get it looking that smooth?

masterlk

I did buff it, by hand. After all the sanding I used some stuff my dad gave me while I was back home on vacation. It was some kind of automotive polish. Worked good, there's no "finish" on the pedal so I am expecting it to get beat up pretty quick. Oh well, that's why I built it, to use it, right?

masterlk

Thanks Marvin!

Quote from: mjcyates on March 31, 2011, 07:16:53 PM
That is a great looking pedal! Glad I was able to help!

petesz

so clean!!
well done, i really like it!

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

night-B

gtr2

I never get tired of a nicely polished enclosure!  Nice work!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pauloman80

Dude.  Fantastic build, killer job.  Very impressed!  Love the etch job on the enclosure, and I'm also mega impressed with your wiring job!!  Clean, clean, clean! 
--------------------------------------------------
Regards,
pauloman80

k.rock!

Looks incredible!! Love it man, you nailed it!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

masterlk

Wow! Thanks everyone, I appreciate the kind words.

ckalinec

nice! If I ever build a sunking i'm doing the same thing to my enclosure

jtn191

Sweet! I'm sure there's tutorials on etching hiding in other forums, but I'd read it if ya wrote one!

masterlk

I'll tell you that I have read all the tutorials available and I still had a heck of a time. I will be trying a new paper that I think Brian and some others are using for their boards. It's a digital paper(not sure what that means). I hope it works better on enclosures because I love the polished look of the pedals I've seen but this was a bear to get right.

Quote from: jtn191 on April 04, 2011, 05:57:06 AM
Sweet! I'm sure there's tutorials on etching hiding in other forums, but I'd read it if ya wrote one!