News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Excalibur Day

Started by culturejam, May 31, 2014, 01:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

:o

Better photos and full details to follow.

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GermanCdn

The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

gordo

Pretty much as iconic as it gets.  Noticed the nice attention to detail in that the cherry is worn down and faded more on the upper bout than lower, which would happen due to sweat and wear on an old Paul.

Very jealous...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

rullywowr

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

culturejam

Thanks, guys! I'm stoked, to say the least.

It's a 2002 R8. Got it from an "e-buddy" I've been doing deals with for a couple years now. He's actually moderator at TGP (Scott Auld). He got it from the owner of TGP, actually. So it's a hell of an ownership pedigree.  ;D

It cost me: 3 guitars, 2 amps, 4 pedals, 2 watches, and about 15 hours of freelance PCB design work. I actually still owe a little bit on it, but Scott was cool enough to send it anyway. He's good people for sure. And even though he's a TGP mod, he's not a magical-mojo guy. He's actually quite down to earth. :)

Right now it's set up with 8s and the wraparound stop bar thing. Totally the opposite of what I usually do (10s and regular stop bar setup), but I'm going to give it a few weeks to see what I think. My initial impression is that the overall feel is a lot looser on the tension. I think I might like it, but we'll see in a few weeks. Maybe I'll compromise and go with 9s.

It even smells good!  ;D

pickdropper

8's AND wraparound?  You've got to be kidding.  Hello full octave bends.  :-)
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

m-Kresol

I'm jealous. Beautiful guitar, have fun!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

catfud

That is a beaut. Owning a nice LP is definitely on my bucket list.

Gledison

Wooooow! This maple top is soooo cool! Perfectly done! Great looking Axe!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

Jmilla

What axes did you sacrifice for this guy? Congrats by the way this is exactly what I play. Love it to death.

culturejam

Quote from: Jmilla on June 01, 2014, 04:56:53 PM
What axes did you sacrifice for this guy?

A few cheap ones (Squier, etc). The bulk of the cash came from selling my TAG Heuer Aquaracer Chronograph. And I got that for free from my last employer as the reward for winning one of the company's annual awards. I really liked it, but I wanted the nice guitar more than the nice watch.  :D

Quote from: JmillaCongrats by the way this is exactly what I play. Love it to death.

Everybody complains that the neck is too fat, but I actually like it.