News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Recent builds and demos

Started by sonarchotic, April 12, 2014, 04:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonarchotic

My wife took over the photo dept. and started putting the demos together as well as making the knobs for our pedals. This is all a big improvement. I'm still working on getting a decent recording set-up together. I hope you enjoy the giant fireball at the beginning of the demos as much as I do. Which is a lot :D The website referenced at the end of the videos isn't up yet.

This is Culture Jam's Box of Hall with a volume knob and a fancy mica washer at the stomp switch. I've forgotten where the giant knob came from but the small tri-point knobs came from H8mtv. I can't find the gut shot on this one.

This is Mad Bean's Pork Barrel with Tone Pad mods. MN3007. Switches between the Boss CE-2 guitar chorus and the CE-2B Bass Chorus. Blend control as well as vibe, depth and rate LED mods. Made this for a Bassist friend. My wife made the knobs.

Messy guts

This is a circuit I've been hacking on for a little bit now. It's the Colorsound Overdriver re-biased with an added gain stage, feed back loop and gain control as well as larger in/out caps. It has one great sound and that's with everything maxed out :) Sounds like a CSOD with more clarity and punch. I have some ideas to improve on it. My wife made the knobs and a friend made the CAD design for the box and made me a couple freebies. Since the pedal has a slightly 50's ish look I tried playing some 50's ish riffs in the demo but I think it just came out sounding like George Thorogood  ;D I really couldn't get a decent recording of it. I need to go with a dynamic mic next time.

guts

jkokura

I think I really liked that Firedrive. The finish on that one looks really good, and those knobs!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

sonarchotic

slimtriggers

Is that celluloid veneer on the top of the Fire Drive?  That looks awesome! 
The beating heart of the little bird is a great detail on the Pork Barrel.

Really pro looking demos, too.  The fireball is a nice touch  8)

sonarchotic

That is celluloid/pearloid veneer. The demo's are a work in progress but much better than what I was doing. Thanks!

selfdestroyer

That Firedrive is BRUTAL.. I love it. I love the break up it has. Have you tried it in a band setting? Wondering how well it sits in the mix.

Cody

sonarchotic

That was my goal with the Fire Drive. I loved the CSOD but hated how it just totally disappeared in a mix. This cuts much better though it still needs some work. Thanks!

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

nzCdog

Far out man, some really tidy work here... cool to have demos too
Fire drive sounds nasty! 8)

sonarchotic