News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Great Tutorial Picture Thread!

Started by jkokura, April 02, 2011, 02:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

Hey guys and gals,

Thought I'd bump this. In case you're wondering - I'm not asking for you to write a tutorial, I'm just asking for entries that utilized various methods! I have lots of options for #7 to choose from, but not so many on the others. If you've got a pedal picture for any of the labelling methods above, please post it here for us! Thanks,

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jtn191

sweet so far my favorite's are the aphirite delay, that 70's fuzz, panty dropper  :o, and revmayer's minimalist art stuff.

I bought my enclosure prepainted...considering red/white lettering (zombii circuit)
It currently lies under category #1 No Labelling

jkokura

Hey Jtn...

You've posted a great pic of a great build, but you may need to go back and read the first post. What I'm trying to do here is collect examples of various labeling techniques, and to do so I'm asking builders to submit an entry based on their pedal. You'll need to edit your post to include:

- The number and title of the labelling technique
- A picture of your pedal featuring the labelling technique.

You're about one line away from being a qualified entry!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jtn191

cjkbug

#6 etching

this is an echo base pedal with an etch done with muriatic acid/peroxide in a 50/50 mix. the key to getting clean etches is wet sanding with a block. starting at 400grit working up to 2000 grit. without skipping any grits. do not move up in grit until ALL of the scratches from the previeous stage have been removed. it takes a long time but it really is the way to go if you want clean edges on your graphics. avoid power sanders as they tend to round over the edges of drill holes and corners of the enclosure, making a clean ironed transfer difficult. on this particular piece I used press n peel blue transfer stock. but I have had excellent results with glossy magazine pages. either one is run through a laser printer or quality copier. the larger the enclosure, the more difficult it is to get a clean etch so start small. it gets expensive to botch a bunch of these.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!