News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy Deluxe issue

Started by harpplayer, April 22, 2014, 04:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harpplayer

Hi!

Finished my aquaboy deluxe yesterday, but I am not getting any delayed signal.

As it was late, I didn´t debug much, but I checked that there was voltage to the correct mn3005 pins, and the ground was also ok. Signal is getting loud and clear to the first bbd, on pin 7. (Both mn3005´s are tested and working on other build)

I could hear clock noise as well, when adjusting the clock trimmer.

Then I noticed I have soldered D3, which is only meant for V3205´s. I don´t think it can do any harm, but it dropped the voltage going to the bbd´s. The battery I used for testing had about 8v, and the bbd´s were receiving about 6,5v.

I am hoping that by removing d3 and using a power supply it will work, but I am at work now and it will take 8 hours to find out.... Sorry for sharing my frustration, lol.

Can anyone think of another possible issue?

Tks!
André

timbo_93631

Remove D3, I made the same mistake on my first one.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

harpplayer

Nice! Tks for the hope:)

In your case, no repeats were coming too?

timbo_93631

Yep, no repeats with D3 in place.  MN3005's need more voltage to bias properly in the circuit and D3 is knocking it down too far.  Good luck!
Sunday Handwound Pickups

harpplayer

It works now! Glad it was only that. Thanks you.

I am using a vactrol there, and the range is quite nice, from slow to not super fast. But I can´t set the depth low enough... I am not using anything on R51 spot in parallel with the pot/ldr, but as far as I understood that will affect the range, not the depth.

Which values could I tweak to get a near to zero modulation with the depth pot set at minnimum?

harpplayer

jighead81

I'm having the same problem, I left off D2, but added D3 for some reason. I just started my shift and can't check it until after work. Hope that's the same thing!

timbo_93631

Here is the link to my build report: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=13107.msg119996#msg119996

To make the modulation more useable I switched these things:
-modulation Depth Pot changed to 500k
-R50 and R51 switched to 5k1
Sunday Handwound Pickups

harpplayer

Nice build!!! Thank you very much for the help!

I´d go for the pot as I used a 500k on a previous build and the responde was more adequate, but I though it could have something to do with the ldr combo I used instead of the vactrol.

jighead81

Hey Tim, did you just jumper D3, or leave it empty?

timbo_93631

Provided that you are using an MN3008/3005's with MN3101 or MN3102, omit D3 and do not jumper.  You only use it with V3205/MN3101.  Also with MN3005 and 3008's omit D2, do not jumper.  Hope you guys get this sorted...sorted...sorted...sorted...   ;D
Sunday Handwound Pickups

jighead81

Never installed D2, now D3 is removed. Still having the same issue.  When I probe pin 3 of IC3 I get dry audio with no delay. Tested, working MN3005 's. Jumpers look good. I'm gonna keep hackin away!

jighead81

I bet I've got some components set up for v3205 and some for MN3005's

twin1965

What clock are you using and what are the voltage readings?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

twin1965

What clock are you using and what are the voltage readings?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2