News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Whole Bunch of Etched Pedals

Started by Guitarmageddon, April 25, 2014, 11:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarmageddon

Been a while  :-[, so here's a few recent builds.

A couple of Booty Thieves (Kingslayers).

I've been constantly futzing with the diodes in these. This one has Mosfets at the moment.

This one's a P19 Muff with a clean blend. Built for a bass player.

I'm not quite sure what's going down with Satan and the Nuns in the picture. Looks like they're passing him babies.  :-\

A couple of SHOs.

A Muff with clean blend paired with the Spackler.

And a couple of Fender Blenders.

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

Manc

These are truly excellent builds. Love the etches, and dig the led coming from the grinder's holes. Genius.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

midwayfair

These all look great as usual. I can't believe how clean the crosshatching on the P19 came out.

How are you hooking up the mosfets in the Kingslayer? I don't see any blocking diodes and they don't look like they're in series with each other. If you just put them in parallel they're only working as silicon diodes.

Guitarmageddon

Thanks guys.

Jon, I've just got them back to back with D & G tied.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

midwayfair

Quote from: Guitarmageddon on April 25, 2014, 01:24:32 PM
Jon, I've just got them back to back with D & G tied.

MOSFETs conduct in both directions like that -- the GD-S connection is a diode with a soft knee that begins conducting around 1.3V, and the S-GD connection is a normal silicon diode (not really any different from a 1n4148, 1N914, or any cheap silicon transistor). Put them back to back like that and you have ... two completely normal silicon diodes minus some small amount of putting them in parallel (fv divides in parallel, sort of, it's not just that the lowest wins). Read this thread for more info. You could use a diode in series with each transistor (see how it's done in the Zen Drive) or simply remove one MOSFET (in which case it's asymmetrical, 1.3V+ on one side and .7V on the other).

nzCdog

Dude your enclosure etching is sublime!  nice builds :)

lincolnic

Really fantastic builds!

Have you considered that maybe Satan is handing babies out? I also really like the pterodactyl flying around up there.

You'd probably have to be on some serious drugs to write that combination of sentences in any other context...

Guitarmageddon

Quote from: lincolnic on April 26, 2014, 05:24:16 AMHave you considered that maybe Satan is handing babies out?
We occasionally have other people's children over, so that has crossed my mind. ;D
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

pickdropper

There is a whole lot of awesome there, Ben.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

hoodoo

Impressive as always mate. That last fender blender is a real standout though, looks like an antique, and loving the led trick, very cool. :)

flanagan0718

Ben these look great man! Did you ever get around to that DL4 mod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peAk

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk