News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

WIP: new testing rig

Started by madbean, April 04, 2011, 06:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I've been meaning to build a separate rig for build testing for quite a while. The hope is to leave my prototyping board ready for long-term breadboard action instead of having to dismantle it to test out if my builds work.

Here's the little fella. He'll have bi-polar power supply on the small BB, and there's a 1/8" jack on the enclosure to plug in an audio probe. The larger breadboard is to plug in wires to connect/swap PCB mounted pots out.

Hopefully I will get to wire him up this week!

[attachment deleted by admin]

sgmezei

Looks great Bean! I still have to build me one of these. I get my bread board all loaded up then somehow seem to knock it over.......everytime. :P

nzCdog

Nice... love to see an action shot once you get a circuit on it too, love to make one of these myself :)

bigmufffuzzwizz

This is such a must have! That box is the perfect size for this and perhaps a rat clone. Where did you get the little box?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

madbean

Linky: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Hammond-Manufacturing/1550Z104BK/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsrGrAVj6eTvYBjkuspdYlkWvPntbxihXw%3d

I love the 1550 series...especially the the black powder coated. Total industrial paint job...it will be very hard to scratch.

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

jkokura

That one is quite a bit smaller James. It's close, but not the same enclosure.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

bigmufffuzzwizz

I did a little research and found some on pedalpartsplus called 1590LB but they are also smaller than the one you used. They are so perfect for little boosts/one knob fuzz types of pedals.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals