News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Good source for custom printed enclosures? And not Mammoth

Started by murdog47, April 28, 2014, 02:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murdog47

I'm looking for a good place to get a small run of custom printed enclosures. Anyone have a good experience with a company? I can't get Mammoth to reply to e-mails so I've ruled them out. I sent a very simple inquiry along with my design and got an email ten days later saying it was received by the wrong guy and being forwarded to the right guy. Six days later and still no response. I even sent an email saying I really wanted to order the enclosures and wanted to know if my design was ok so I could place the order (Take my money!) Still no answer. Me + Mammoth = Done.

GermanCdn

PPP does small runs of printed enclosures.  Though I haven't used them for it specifically, I've always had better experiences and quality with PPP than Mammoth.  Pretty sure Jacob used them for a couple of builds, I know he and I talked about it last year.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

mattlee0037

I agree, I like Mammoth because they stock a lot of what I need, but they are VERY unresponsive. The only way I can get to them is by calling multiple times.

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Peteyboy

I had a similar experience with mammoth not returning email/phone calls.
I eventually posted something on their facebook wall(after trying to contact them for over 4 weeks), and they got back to me within 30 minute and the issue was resolved shortly after. I still have not purchased something from them since.

TLDR: try contacting mammoth though their facebook page for a quicker response.

murdog47

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Clayford

yes PPP.

Am I the only one with a flashback to Bionic Commando with Josh's PPP PPP PPP PPP though?
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

steveperiod

i used ppp last year sometime for a one-off screen print before their policy changed. though the print had a small issue it came out looking freaking fantastic.

murdog47

Quote from: Clayford on April 29, 2014, 06:33:28 AM
yes PPP.

Am I the only one with a flashback to Bionic Commando with Josh's PPP PPP PPP PPP though?

YES!

Morgan

Quote from: steveperiod on April 29, 2014, 08:32:37 AM
i used ppp last year sometime for a one-off screen print before their policy changed...
I think they are back to doing one-offs. It appears that they are charging a flat $20 fee for 1-5 enclosures. Sheez - with some of the f-ups I've had with finishing enclosures, I'd gladly give someone 20 bucks to do it for me.  ::)

http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/services.html
QuoteThe price for printing 1 enclosure (per design) is $20.00, 2  enclosures (per design) are $10.00 per enclosure, 3 - $6.75 per enclosure, 4 - $5.00 per enclosure, 5 - 99 is $4.00 per enclosure (per design), 100+ is $3.75 per enclosure (per design).
Moderator at BYOC, still sometimes futz around with Leila Vintage Electronics.

Old Blog...

pickdropper

Yeah , they seem to have changed their policy back.

I had four boxes made a short while back and the pricing matched the structure you posted.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jkokura

Early on I had a good long phone conversation with Connnie about this. They ha always intended this to be a service for the DIY community, to do one offs and small batches.

At first the orders that came in showed them how much bigger an idea this was than they imagined. They were sold on the ease and simplicity of the machine, but it proved to be more complicated and difficult than anticipated. Point being, it's taken some time and experimentation and they're now doing what they hoped. They have good staff who now know the machines, they've worked out the kinks of getting graphics of all sorts of programs and formats into the machine, and they've cut the time down to a point where it's cost effective to do one offs.

I'm happy to have had the opportunity to help work out some of those kinks, and I highly recommend going with PPP.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Clayford

head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded