Main Menu

90phase

Started by wgc, April 29, 2014, 07:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

Dang that's sweet. love the gutshot too, nice work

wgc

Quote from: jubal81 on April 30, 2014, 01:03:33 AM
This is just outstanding on several levels. I'm blown away.

Any chance we can hear it in action?

Thanks so much!  I will try to get a clip up of some of these soon. My phone is probably my best bet but at the moment but I've got about 5m free... Gotta clean house!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Vallhagen

Some great things goin on here. Not only the pcb design, but your enclosure are exceptional as well. Very cool!
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

chuckbuick

Quote from: wgc on April 30, 2014, 05:15:03 AMMark, I think I used mini melfs but with 1206 pads. I can check later.
Thanks Billy.

wgc

Mark- Confirmed, mini melf on 1206 pads. Melf pads usually have a little center slice taken out of them to keep the part from rolling but I didn't bother
e.e. cummings

DutchMF

This build rocks! Cool stuff that you got all that in there, with a board mounted 3PDT as well! Considering the dual JFET package: Could it be possible that the circuit functions OK with 2 pairs of JFETs that are matched within the pair (in this case the dual package) but don't match up all together? Hope I'm making sense here....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

wgc

Thx Dutch!  I think I got lucky with the matching. I'll try the same on the next one. It could be that the smaller package size means tighter mfg tolerances?  Also being on a strip means they were maybe made at least in the same batch?  I think thru hole stuff sold bulk is likely from different batches though the reeled stuff might be closer. Just a crazy theory on my part.
e.e. cummings

wgc

FYI I finished a second one last night and same good experience with the dual fets. That said they came from the same strip of 20 I used on the first. 

So it might be dumb luck, or it may just be that things are close enough in these packages that it will still trim effectively.
e.e. cummings

chuckbuick

Quote from: wgc on June 14, 2014, 07:40:19 AM
FYI I finished a second one last night and same good experience with the dual fets. That said they came from the same strip of 20 I used on the first. 

So it might be dumb luck, or it may just be that things are close enough in these packages that it will still trim effectively.
Nice!  Are you using the J620's, Billy?

sonarchotic

Great build! This is inspiration for me to finally take on one of these smd boards I've got hanging around.

wgc

Thx mark! 

I used these: http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/302/PMBFJ620-117787.pdf

Go for it sonarchotic! 
e.e. cummings

peAk

wow, incredible!!

flanagan0718

I have never had the ambition to even attempt surface mount builds but, when I see stuff like this it make me want to try it out. Great build! Love the graphic and color choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wgc

Thx guys!

If you're interested at all, try it.  Smd is a little different technique wise but not something you can't pick up fairly quickly.

I'm thinking about doing a simple layout for people who are willing to dip their toes in, though I really have no interest in selling much, it would be for my cost and postage.  A few of the other guys have some starter boards I think too.

Got a few in the works right now that might fit the bill but need to verify. Just super busy right now and usually I'm missing an ic I thought I had.
e.e. cummings

flanagan0718

Nice. Well, let us know when you have the layouts done, I might grab a simple one and try my hand at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk