News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mouser and Paypal

Started by irmcdermott, April 30, 2014, 01:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

When did Mouser start accepting payment through Paypal?

It's been a while since I've placed an order there. I just did a happy dance.

haveyouseenhim

YES!  That is what has kept me from using them too often.
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

selfdestroyer

Quote from: irmcdermott on April 30, 2014, 01:40:59 AM
When did Mouser start accepting payment through Paypal?

It's been a while since I've placed an order there. I just did a happy dance.

About the end of Feb or early March I believe it was. I was happy about it.

Cody

alanp

Which pinches more money, PP or a debit card?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

GrindCustoms

Hmmm, seems like it's only available through Mouser USA, i don't have that payment option for Canuck shipping.

Maybe someone can enlighten me? Would be much more convenient for me aswell.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

irmcdermott

It's only more convenient for me because I still don't have a PP debit card (i just need to apply for one really). The way I do this hobby is that it stays self sustaining, so I only buy things when I have cash in the PP account. So this just saves me from transferring money from PP back into my bank after every purchase. That's all, I've just procrastinated on getting PP plastic.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: irmcdermott on April 30, 2014, 02:55:59 AM
It's only more convenient for me because I still don't have a PP debit card (i just need to apply for one really). The way I do this hobby is that it stays self sustaining, so I only buy things when I have cash in the PP account. So this just saves me from transferring money from PP back into my bank after every purchase. That's all, I've just procrastinated on getting PP plastic.

Same thing here, everything that is pedal and music gear in general works from my paypal and the PP DebitCard is not available yet in Canada.

Just sent an email to Mouser for more info about the availability of that payment option in Can.

Will report back when i get a response.

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

RobA

Quote from: alanp on April 30, 2014, 02:02:12 AM
Which pinches more money, PP or a debit card?
Depends on how the vendor takes the debit card. If you have to run it as a credit card, then PayPal is much cheaper. Many of the local shops around here prefer if you can run your card as a debit because they get charged much less in transaction fees. It could be that it might make it cheaper to do than PayPal at that point. But, I can't recall ever seeing an online way to process a debit card.

I haven't looked for a bit, but when we were setting up an online payment system in the past, PayPal was the cheapest by a big margin.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

DutchMF

Also no PP for european customers.....  :(

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jkokura

Yeah, I placed an order in the last month and had no PP option to pay.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GrindCustoms

Quote from: jkokura on April 30, 2014, 09:25:57 AM
Yeah, I placed an order in the last month and had no PP option to pay.

Jacob

Did'nt got any reply to my email yet, after lunch hour i just have one local grocery store to deliver the goodness of ice cream, i'll get them on phone. Really want to know more about that.

Or... if you have time you could give them a call, i'm always a bit awkward talking in my first 2 minutes of speaking english on phone...eheh ;)

jkokura

Haha! Yeah, I could try giving them a call and asking.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

jkokura

K, so Lori (spelling?) from Texas (boy those Texans are friendly on the phone) told me that it's not currently offered to Canada, but that the Lady who knows if/when it's coming is on her lunch break. I gave her my email and she should send me a note when she has an answer about international Paypal and Mouser.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

DutchMF

Thanks for taking the trouble to check this Jacob, much appreciated! Lets just hope they treat all international customers equal (all international customers are equal, but some are more equal than others......  ;) )

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jkokura

Clearly. After all, they're nice to me!

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*