News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Shock Hazard

Started by Meowy, April 06, 2011, 01:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meowy

This is my final prototype for a pedal I have dubbed "Shock Hazard". It is a modified SHO (Slambox) circuit with several component changes. Most notably it uses a P-Channel MOSfet and the source resistor is a fixed value with the gain pot following input with no crackle

What you see is built on vero, but Brian is fabbing PCBs for me for the "real thing". I have several powdercoated enclosures on the way to make a color choice.  The text and graphics are printed on labels for now but I will be using waterslides. I am still undecided between the 2 fonts I am showing in the first picture.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Thats cool!! Its great how small SHO circuits are, it gives you soo much room to work with!!
I have a vero layout for this but I believe its different from the one you have here. You said this is your own layout right?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

thetrend77

They both look great, but I prefer the font on the right. Nice work!

Meowy

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on April 06, 2011, 02:04:15 PM
Thats cool!! Its great how small SHO circuits are, it gives you soo much room to work with!!
I have a vero layout for this but I believe its different from the one you have here. You said this is your own layout right?

Even more room in a 125B!

Yes, the layout is my own. But I look forward to the PCBs from Brian; even with a small build vero is very tedious

mattpoole

JeffdaMaori

Cool stuff! Any noticeable difference in sound to original SHO/Slambox circuit with this?
My vote would be also for right hand side font.

Cheers

Andy

bigmufffuzzwizz

I also agree that the font on the right is the better match!  ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals