News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What commercial pedals do you like?

Started by Leevibe, May 01, 2014, 08:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

I'm pretty sure Neunaber is the guy who developed/patented the Belton brick.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Leevibe

Quote from: culturejam on May 02, 2014, 08:42:33 AM
I'm pretty sure Neunaber is the guy who developed/patented the Belton brick.

Yep. I built a reverb with the original big brick right off his application circuit that sounded great.

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Droogie

I just have a Barber Tone Press and Malekko 616 left from a slew of commercial pedals. All else DIY—although a Strymon might be in the offing.
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

mmlee

Seems like a few people have this Barber Tone Press, would really like to try it, will have to hit the music ships in town and see if they have it. Love the idea of the parallel compression.
>Marcus

Bufferz

affiliations: TFX

Kinki fuzz

gordo

+1 on Nova Delay,  Line6 MM4, and Korg tuner (too big but works so well I can't see replacing it) are fixtures.  I'll toss a Voodoo Vibe on the board from time to time and a Source Audio Multi Distortion.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Rockhorst

For all the TS type pedals I've built, the Mad Professor Little Green Wonder still finds a spot on my Pedal Train Nano a lot. It's just so nice with a booster in front and a Carbon Copy after it. That and a Polytune or Korg DT-10 tuner basically gets me gig ready, the rest is extras. I also like MXR Bass Octave Deluxe. MXR has its stuff down in my book, basically. Ernie Ball Volume Pedal also greatly appreciated, but I hardly ever use it (I mostly jam and it's not really a light pedal to carry around casually).

And, I jumped at the opportunity to get a Boomerang Rang III Looper second hand when I had the chance. Went to the guitar store the minute they opened and they were just about to reply to an e-mail from another interested customer. Great, great looper, not as big of a learning curve as it seems.

Matt

Boss TU2. Great tuner plus mute function is good for switching guitars
Dunlop 535Q. Versatile wah
Axess electronics footswitch and grx4 loop switcher (I don't like to tap dance)
TC Elec. Ditto. Really simple great for practicing/songwriting
Matt

mattlee0037

I really like my SD-1, gonna do a bleed through mod soon, but that's pretty much it ;D

Clayford

I have 3-4 commercial pedals besides my Polytune2. I don't think it should count as a viable DIY tuner doesn't exist.

Washburn Mad Dog Phaser
TC Transition (Flashback)Delay
Timmy (does this count?)
Rocktron HEX Volume

edit: Forgot my volume pedal

Nope... new post
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

Matt

Quote from: flanagan0718 on May 01, 2014, 09:30:27 AM
There are two pedals that I have purchased multiple times.

1. Ibanez DE-7 delay/echo. I don't know why but I love the voicing of the echo portion
2. Ernie ball volume. Always useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've owned 2 DE7s. Love the way it processes the repeats in echo mode. I sold the last one I had, sometimes wish I had it back. I just hated the footswitch!  Completely unreliable.
Matt

flanagan0718

Quote from: Dc10 on May 03, 2014, 09:16:05 PM
Quote from: flanagan0718 on May 01, 2014, 09:30:27 AM
There are two pedals that I have purchased multiple times.

1. Ibanez DE-7 delay/echo. I don't know why but I love the voicing of the echo portion
2. Ernie ball volume. Always useful.

I've owned 2 DE7s. Love the way it processes the repeats in echo mode. I sold the last one I had, sometimes wish I had it back. I just hated the footswitch!  Completely unreliable.

yeah I do wish the foot switch was better.

PimpMyTone

Always on my board

Boss od1
Boss ce2
Ibanez fl9
Simon