News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel chorus : C10 & C15 (8.2nF) Substitutes?

Started by nick, June 05, 2011, 07:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nick

Hi All,
Just at the end of build for my Pork Barrel chorus, but having trouble sourcing the 8.2nF caps (C10 & C15). Could somebody please advise on possible subs for these caps, if values not critical?
I've got some 10nF & some 6.8nF caps in my components box, was wondering if these would do the job(?)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Nick

stecykmi

nick

Many thanks Stecykmi, much appreciated.
10nF it is then!  :)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Not that its necessary, but you can solder capacitors in parallel to combine the values. So 6.8nf in parallel with a 1.5 nf would be 8.3nf which would be as close as you could get. Just a hint for later when you DIY.  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

nick

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on June 05, 2011, 08:08:07 PM
Not that its necessary, but you can solder capacitors in parallel to combine the values. So 6.8nf in parallel with a 1.5 nf would be 8.3nf which would be as close as you could get. Just a hint for later when you DIY.  :)

Thanks for the advice mate. I've actually done that before with caps & resistors to get the right value (if critical), but the board  is pretty crammed as it is, with quite a high part count - there's just enough room to get the smallest of caps in there anyway!  :)