News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Smaller Dipthonizer

Started by juansolo, April 08, 2011, 03:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

I've just built one of these using the board from the DIY Stompboxes thread. It is an epic, utterly brilliant effect (search for the demo's on YT). But the board, which I suspect is vintage correct (there are also a couple of mistakes on it...), makes boxing it up a absolute pain in the butt. Mainly down to the size of the thing meaning it needs a MASSIVE box and that all the pots/sockets are board mount. This circuit shrunk down to a sunking sized board, with an integrated charge pump, would be awesome, if possible.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

madbean

Yep, I've been wanting to do this one for a while. I'll make it happen, but it won't be for a few weeks.

juansolo

Awesome. Just need to decal my mossive one up and that'll be done. Would love to make a smaller one at some point.

dbharris

+1 I have been wanting to build this one for a while.  It's first on my to do list once I finish all the projects currently on my bench...

Mark_McQ

+1,000,000

Just checked out the original on Youtube and it sounds awesome. Me want.
Would be cool if there was a way to control the modulation with a pedal.

madbean

This thing is going to be badass. I'm happy with the progress I've already made :)

sgmezei

+1

I would take a PCB for sure.

madbean

I'm thinking a 125B size is likely.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Whoa that is a wild effect. I believe when I bought my BYOC DOD 440 clone I was looking for something more like this colorsound dipthonizer, cause I wasn't very pleased with the BYOC kit.
One more great project offered by the Bean! Nice!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

madbean

I have some final checking to do on the schematic. If everything is good, I will submit this for a prototype this week. This one will go straight to a manufactured board. Looks like the 125B size is doable!

[attachment deleted by admin]

bigmufffuzzwizz

Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

dbharris

Awesome, thanks madbean!  So it looks like you will need a separate road rage board to go along with this board right?

madbean

I decided against a charge pump in interest of conserving space. Not knowing the current draw, it might require more juice than the MAX1044 can provide. So, an LT1054 may be in order. I'll know more in a couple of weeks.

juansolo

JeffdaMaori

Very wicked! I'm sure pumped for this one too....!

Cheers!