News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Which pad on 3PRR road rage for LED on the main board?

Started by dont-tase-me-bro, May 09, 2014, 04:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dont-tase-me-bro

Noob here.  I have a Mangler and need to replace the 3pdt.  I was going to use the new road rage board on the 3pdt, but the led is already on the main mangler pcb.

Do I run a wire from the square pad on the road rage to the SW on the main PCB?

Thanks,
Pat
I thought this would save me money.

rullywowr

Perhaps you have a pre-2014 edition of the Mangler...let us know the specifics please.  If you have the 2014 Mangler board with the built in charge pump (TC1044)...then adding an additional charge pump with the 3PRR is not really required and redundant (unless there is a specific reason).  A regular 3PDT breakout board would suffice in this instance.

Since the CLR (R6) and the LED are already mounted on the 2014 Mangler board, you just need to ensure that "SW" is connected to ground when the switch is activated.  So if you are going to use the 3PRR and the LED/CLR on the Mangler then just connect the Manglers "SW" to the round "LED" pad on the 3PRR (which will give it ground when active).

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

dont-tase-me-bro

Thank you.  I have some of the 1776 effects 3pdt in the mail, so I'll wait for them, and hook up to the round hole.

Also ordering a king tut and a plexi cruise this weekend.

Thanks,
Pat

dont-tase-me-bro

rullywowr

Cool. The 3PRR would then be better saved for another project down the line which needs a charge pump.  The 1776 board will work sweet for your Mangler. :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!