News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Retrograde's led wiring

Started by HailToTheBlues, May 10, 2014, 06:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailToTheBlues

Hi folks,
I'm close to start the build of a retrograde project i ordered from Brian, and since my parts are still on the way, i decided to check the project doc. I noticed that there was a "led" hole to be soldered, and that connection goes to a 2k4 resistor. So my question is, how do i connect the led in this project, since the led in the standard wiring is not wired like this?

Best regards

Clayford

This goes where the LED would go in the standard wiring diagram. Looking below you'd wire the LED wire to pin 1.

1  4  7 
2  5  8
3  6  9

The MB Standard wiring diagram mentions this possibility, but calls the Pad SW instead of LED. They are the same. Also you can change the value of that 2k4 resistor if you find your LED blinding.

head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

HailToTheBlues

Thanks for the explanation!  ;) Just another quick thing, if you or anybody could answer me. Can i use a stomp switch instead of a toggle switch, to do the octave mod? It would make it possible to switch from just fuzz to octafuzz during the song.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: HailToTheBlues on May 10, 2014, 03:07:12 PM
Thanks for the explanation!  ;) Just another quick thing, if you or anybody could answer me. Can i use a stomp switch instead of a toggle switch, to do the octave mod? It would make it possible to switch from just fuzz to octafuzz during the song.

You sure can, you can use a DPDT foot switch and also add a LED to it to know when its engaged or not.

Cody

selfdestroyer

Something like this will probably work.

Cody

HailToTheBlues

Thank you very much for the help! The "D1" in that drawing is the 4k7 resistor, isn't it? (just to make sure)

HailToTheBlues

I was checking musikding's store and they don't sell any dpdt footswitch, but they sell this 2pdt that has the same lugs that your drawing showed. Would it work?

http://www.musikding.de/2PDT-footswitch

selfdestroyer

Quote from: HailToTheBlues on May 11, 2014, 02:11:07 AM
I was checking musikding's store and they don't sell any dpdt footswitch, but they sell this 2pdt that has the same lugs that your drawing showed. Would it work?

http://www.musikding.de/2PDT-footswitch

I meant to put 2PDT, sorry. The one you linked will work great.

Cody

HailToTheBlues

Ok, thanks for the time and help :D

Clayford

Quote from: HailToTheBlues on May 11, 2014, 02:07:28 AM
Thank you very much for the help! The "D1" in that drawing is the 4k7 resistor, isn't it? (just to make sure)

D1 = Diode 1 or in this case, the LED(Light Emitting Diode)

HailToTheBlues

Well, i know that if it was a resistor, it would be marked as R1, but i asked, just in case. But, i will need to connect a 4k7 resistor as you usually would do with leds, won't i?

Clayford

Quote from: HailToTheBlues on May 11, 2014, 12:07:10 PM
[...] But, i will need to connect a 4k7 resistor as you usually would do with leds, won't i?

If you want it to light up more than once.... Yes.
Doesn't matter how you hook up your CLR (Current Limiting Resistor), just that you do.
+9v -> Anode(long leg) -> cathode -> CLR ->ground
+9v -> CLR -> Anode -> Cathode -> Ground

HailToTheBlues

HailToTheBlues

Sorry for reviving this post, but there's something i didn't understand about the wiring. You connect the "led" on the pcb to the 1st lug of the 3pdt, but then, where do you connect the ground side of the led?

jimilee

The pcb is the hot wire for the led the ground side of the led goes to lug 1 of your stomp
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.