News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Who's got vintage gear?

Started by ckim715, May 10, 2014, 01:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckim715

'67 drip edge AB165 Bassman that I modded to hybrid AA864 specs. Installed new electrolytics a couple years back.

The kicker? I bought it for 200 bucks! The only thing wrong with it is it had a blown fuse and the jewel light was out.

-Charlie

selfdestroyer

Wow that is very clean, congrats. I went through a time where if I seen a Bassman on CraigsList I just had to buy it. I have sold a few over the years but these are the 2 I have left.

Excuse the mess in the pictures, I just snapped them as they were in the room.

1968 Bassman with matching 2X15 cab: Bought this from a single owner here in Fresno. The blue lamp jewel was on it when I bought it but they guy swore it was like that when he bought it new. I can not find any info on that. I love how this thing sounds and how big it sounds with the 2 15's. Does not leave the house.

1979-1980? Bassman 135 with matching 2X15 cab: Got this from a mariachi band here in the central valley. It needed some work but it was a powerhouse. Got a 3 prog plug put on and did a tube job on it and it now screams. Caps were all good and did not need to be changed out at this point.

ckim715

Oh man, yours are awesome! I wish I still had the cab for mine, but I had to get rid of it. Do you think a master volume is worth it?

I live in an apartment now, so I haven't played the Bassman in quite some time :( The clean tones were amazing though.
-Charlie

electrosonic

1963 Brown Fender Super w/ the "harmonic tremolo" that everyone loves. Not stock though, the original  output transformer was missing and it only had one speaker when I bought it. Great sounding amp, not too heavy to cart around but loud enough to keep up with a drummer. The white and yellow on the grill cloth is oil paint, spilt on it by the previous owner.

1956 Gibson TV Special w/ original case. The guitar is stock except for the tuners - I do have the originals though. A friend was moving out of town and needed some money. I also bought a 1973 Telecaster Deluxe at the same time, which I unfortunately no longer have.

Andrew.

lincolnic

This is a bad picture, but here's my '68 Pro Reverb, drip edge and all. The tube chart says it's AA165, but the guts say it's AB668. My next big project will be restoring it to AA165 specs.

This picture really doesn't do it justice - this amp was sitting, unused, in an accordion store for years before finding its way to me. It's basically in mint condition, I think I'm the third person to own it. The speakers have been reconed (done before I got it) and there's a 3-prong plug on there. Aesthetically, it's just about flawless. Even came with the original leather dustcover.

I also have this guy, a '75 P-bass. All original (including the hardshell case) and near mint condition. Again, I must be the second or third person to own it. As a lefty, this was one of those once-in-a-lifetime random guitar store finds. Sounds like a ton of bricks.

pickdropper

I have a '65 Blackface Vibrolux with original Jensons and a '67 Blackface Super Reverb that currently has reissue Jensons until I get around to getting the original CTS alnicos reconed (will happen soon).
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

LaceSensor

In the uk at least vintage means at least 20 years old. Is that the case elsewhere?
Cool stuff by the way!

pryde

1971 Traynor YGM-3

Original mullard pre and power tubes (EL84) still going strong. I re-capped and installed adjustable bias, and threw in an Eminence Cannabis Rex. Fantastic vintage amp.

flanagan0718

My dad has a 60's SG. It has the tail piece and everything. I'll snag a picture of it next time I'm up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt

The only vintage gear I have at this point is a Fender Vibrolux Reverb.  It's supposed to be a 70 or 71, I've never researched it to see which one it is.  I bought it when I started building pedals.
Matt

Mike B.

Quote from: pryde on May 11, 2014, 09:31:54 AM
1971 Traynor YGM-3

Original mullard pre and power tubes (EL84) still going strong. I re-capped and installed adjustable bias, and threw in an Eminence Cannabis Rex. Fantastic vintage amp.

Great amps! I have a mid-70's Traynor YBA-4 that I picked up at a garage sale a while back - basically a 50W plexi/JTM circuit. It needs a recap and could use a better speaker, both of which I'll get around to eventually. It still sounds great as is!

Besides the Traynor, the only thing vintage in my collection is the player :)

gordo

No pics but I have a late 70's Gibson/Moog/Norlin Lab Series L-5 that came out of the Nashville floods.  Cab was destroyed so I built a head enclosure for it.  '77 Les Paul Special (double cut flat top with P90's).  Totally beat to hell 71 Strat.  (2) late 70's Lado guitars (basically Canadian BC Rich's - inaccurate but gives you the idea) a Falcon and a Falcon Strat.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

peAk

not that it matters now....

...but I did own  :'( :

Sequential Circuits Prophet 5
Sequential Circuits Prophet 600
Korg Polysix
Crumar Performer
Roland Space Echo RE201
Moog Prodigy

sold them all about 10 years ago after I stopped playing in bands.

alanp

peAk, I shudder to think what those would be worth, now!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

Quote from: peAk on May 12, 2014, 09:55:10 AM
not that it matters now....

...but I did own  :'( :

Sequential Circuits Prophet 5
Sequential Circuits Prophet 600
Korg Polysix
Crumar Performer
Roland Space Echo RE201
Moog Prodigy

sold them all about 10 years ago after I stopped playing in bands.

I missed this post... that was a cool collection peAK. I too was a synth nut at one time. All I have left is a Yamaha DX7 and a Roland Juno-60 in the vintage department. I just can't part with them but they take up so much room. lol

I forgot to post my Roland RE-201, Its a center piece in my music room. Here is a picture of it as I was rewiring my pedalboard.

I am a delay and reverb nut and the 201 has been on my bucket list for a long time. When I had a change to get one in LA I jumped on it. In my book its hard to beat a good tape delay.

Cody