News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Demented Compressor (Demeter Compulator) + sixFO switcher

Started by rullywowr, May 13, 2014, 06:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rullywowr

Here's a second DemiCOMP, similar to the purple one I posted a few days ago, made with a rullywow.com Demeter Compulator layout.  I powdercoated the box Dormant Sparkle Blue, laser engraved, and used a "lacquer stik" to fill in select areas.  I'll give a full review on the "lacquer stik" soon.  A big shout out goes to Sean over at SRC Effects (www.srceffects.com) for making me the Russian Sovtek BMP style knobs.  They are clear with blue swirled around in them and I think are a good fit for the box.  The knobs totally blew me away with their feel and quality and I would recommend his knobs for any project - you won't be sorry.  Hard to believe he makes these himself really.  Totally smooth, no visible mold lines and feel solid as hell.

Switching provided by the six-FO switcher which is taking care of LED duties and true bypass switching via a momentary soft-touch stomp.  I love the way this compressor sounds, once it's on...you really don't want to turn it off.  Nice and clean, sparkling, and even "spanky" sounding.  Coupled with a chorus and I'm in 80's heaven.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

GrindCustoms

Nice!

Sean knobs looks so rad! 8)

Your relay board is starting to tickle my fancy....
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Govmnt_Lacky

Ben....

One of these days I'm gonna have to bribe you to do some enclosure etching for me!  ;)  :o  8)

jubal81

Damn that's classy! Spectacular build. Really looking forward to building one.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pryde

Purdy and just great all around

I have only played around with a couple comps but couldn't really get into them. Maybe the Demeter will change my mind?

jubal81

Quote from: pryde on May 13, 2014, 06:48:31 PM
Purdy and just great all around

I have only played around with a couple comps but couldn't really get into them. Maybe the Demeter will change my mind?

I like compressors a lot and especially the optical designs. The attack and decay feel more natural and less 'effecty.'
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

selfdestroyer

Such a cool design in and out. Your artwork and knob selection is top notch for this build Rully. Also, I am going to have to try this circuit soon.

Cody

Leevibe

Fantastic aesthetic. That is a perfect example of the right knobs with the right graphics. Super nice! And the sixFO looks right at home in there. Very slick.

Droogie

Great job on that, love the knobs and art! The DC is a really good comp—easy to dial in, nice "feel" to the squish.
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

rullywowr

Thanks for the comments, guys!  More new pedals and PCBs coming soon.   :)

LaceSensor

Q x 3

1 - is there a min. order on those custom knobs/What cost does it work out approx?
2 - when are the switch PCBs gonna be available?
3 - why are your laser etches so HNNNNGGGINNGGLY awesome?

wgc

Awesome!  Great etch, love the color, lacquer stick is a great idea!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

rullywowr

Quote from: LaceSensor on May 15, 2014, 04:11:49 AM
Q x 3

1 - is there a min. order on those custom knobs/What cost does it work out approx?
2 - when are the switch PCBs gonna be available?
3 - why are your laser etches so HNNNNGGGINNGGLY awesome?

1.  No min order, really depends on the knob you want. Check out www.srceffects.com for complete details.
2.  New switch project Coming hopefully in 2 to 3 weeks. There will be two versions of a slightly new design and it will be called a slightly different name. Guaranteed to not have any pop when switching.  Also some cool options in the firmware.
3.  Thanks man!  A lot of trial and error :)

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Gledison

wooow! when i see this build i feel like im a 1 month recently borned baby .....
I first thought: is this wireless?hehehe
this is benchmark to head for...
would be great to check out how you did the front design!
Cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?