News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slow Loris

Started by Comfort Player, April 10, 2011, 03:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Comfort Player

I never get tired of building Rat clones and the Slow Loris is one of the best sounding yet.  I tried both an LM308N and a OP07.  The OP07 sounded better to me so I left it in, go figure

Silence..... I Keeeeeel youuuuuu....

sprayfe

Beautiful build! What do you usE software wise?

Comfort Player

Quote from: sprayfe on April 10, 2011, 03:24:47 AM
Beautiful build! What do you usE software wise?

I use Photoshop Elements 9.  I've only been at it a few months and it is still a struggle at times, but I love the results.

petesz

Nice! Graphics are very well done.
I tried out a TL061 in my Slow Loris the other day and decided to keep it in over the LM308n..

stevewire

Wow! It looks awesome.  I love the red knobs with the red switch.  Where did you get the switch?  The contrast is nice against the white.  The graphics are cool.  Where did you ge the 3n3 yellow cap at C8 an the 22n green box cap at C1? I see lots of colorful box caps at freestompboxes, but I only know where to get these grey box caps.  Pot condoms and very cleanly wired.

Comfort Player

Thank for the kind words.  Not sure where the green cap came from,  I think it came in a grab bag from Caps n' Such.  The yellow 3n3, knobs, switch and switch cap came from https://www.mammothelectronics.com/

Can a burr brown OPA2134A be used in this circuit ?   Anyone ever try one ?

jkokura

No, the 2134 is a dual op amp. The rat uses a single op amp. I think there is a OPA21 series that is a single, but I forget the number. Smallbear has it.

Nice build. What do the characters mean?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Comfort Player

Thanks for clearing that up.  I'm still trying to learn the different components

The characters are chinese for Rat. ( According to Google anyway )

Meowy

Graphics are awesome. Especially the stick figure guy. Is that you? :D

night-B

Comfort Player

That stick guy is me.....

Maybe 20 years ago... ;D

bigmufffuzzwizz

Really awesome! It looks super smooth!
I really like to hear that you found a suitable substitute for the LM308N. I'm gonna go ahead and give that chip a try in my rat and also the TL061 petesz mentioned he used.
What other rat clones have you built?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Comfort Player

I've built the General Guitar Gadget and GuitarPCB versions. Of the three I like this one the best.  I think the tone is a little less dark and the clipping options provide more versatility.  I am still new at this so I do not have the experience of many here,  but so far this is my favorite.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I have a rat board from guitarpcb fully built just waiting for the LM308 chip to arrive. Can't wait to finish it and have my first rat build! But now I wanna hear this one to compare  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

nzCdog