News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Current Lover + Road Rage, Capacitors?

Started by peAk, May 14, 2014, 02:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

I am gathering up my parts to complete this Current Lover and was considering running it with a Road Rage for the additional headroom.

Would I still be able to use 16volt capacitors or would I have to up them?

Sure it's a dumb question but I have not done anything like this before....so take it easy on me!

Lastly, I noticed that C19 is skipped on the build document. Was there a reason for this or just a typo?

Thanks!

RobA

Because of the crap nature of many (most, all?) electrolytics, I wouldn't trust one spec'd that close to the actual power that is going to be on it. I'd go to 25V spec'd as a minimum on the electros. I'm assuming that your ceramic and film caps are already higher than that, but if they aren't you may want to make sure that the ceramics are spec'd higher too. From a quick glance at the circuit, I don't see any spots where the ceramics or films would be taking the full supply voltage, but with ceramics at least, one of the recommendations for reducing non-linear response distortions is to use caps that are spec'd well above the bias voltage + signal voltage that is going to be on them.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

peAk

Thanks Rob

What about C19, why was it skipped? Anyone know?