News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone following the "Taylor McGrath" debacle on TGP?

Started by culturejam, May 14, 2014, 05:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aion

Yep - my impression was that Jeremy is based in the US and all of his dealings with them were while they were in California. He references Taylor and Shane going back to Australia and leaving him the keys to the place while they were away.

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

atreidesheir

It is better to just read over there. 
I gave an opinion and was warned twice and suspended once in the TMG storyline over several months.  I like people over there and the mods seem nice enough, but I was accused of flame-baiting.  I pointed out the partscaster inflation guitar costs were a symptom of the general investment bubble in the usa at the moment (due to a lack of places to put cash) and compared it to the bubble in the vintage car market and gave an article link to clarify my point.  I was a comic book hoarder in the 90's when that bubble popped.  I know the signs.  Gibson is trying to cash in on the trend before the cash dries up when prices drop.

flame-baiting.  I know TGP is a business, but I did not mention religion or politics. 
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

juansolo

TGP and moderation... I've got two warnings ;) Though to be fair I've tried on occasion to get myself banned. Not tried hard enough however.

Ok I post this link with a warning. This is a very UK-centric forum. We swear, a lot, and use a lot of what others consider 'very bad words' in fairly normal conversation. We have a dry and sarcastic sense of humo(u)r (sometimes very black). As such, please don't read it if you are easily offended...

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/24360/ive-been-banned-from-tgp-again-lol/p1

But the lad getting banned for being gay on TGP (literally) was eye opening.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

juansolo

Probably safer that way to be fair ;)

Though it's amusing to read that by the end of the thread they're (we're?) giving ourselves shit for being just as bad for generalising (re Americans) and realising we're no better than TGP in that regard. Which is interesting in itself.

A fascinating cross-continental glimpse into different nation's psyches.

stellablue

miter53

Thanks for the Fretboard link. So refreshing to see other people as annoyed as I am with all the "giant sky fairy" and gun talk on TGP.
"Only sick music makes money today."-Friedrich Nietzsche
My photography website: http://michaelteresko.com/

juansolo

Tis a good UK site. The off topic room can get a bit lairy, but it's mostly good humour.  That and BKP are about all that's left, and BKP has been getting a bit barren of late.

atreidesheir

I stick with TGP for the music discussion and good deals on used gear.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

dont-tase-me-bro

TGP is ok, but it is a Ned Flanders style message board
I thought this would save me money.

Jopn

Quote from: dont-tase-me-bro on October 09, 2014, 12:40:15 AM
TGP is ok, but it is a Ned Flanders style message board

Lol.  TGPers don't shred.  They noodly-doodly.

alanp

There's only so much wanking over photos of pedal boards I can take.

"Look at my amazing pedalboard, with clean wiring, and all the trendy gearz!"
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

raulduke

There are only so many forums I can keep track of.

Madbean, BYOC and The Fretboard are about the only ones I frequent to be honest.

The 'anything goes' policy of The Fretboard is quite refreshing.

It is also, on the otherhand, a very British forum. By that read people pissing and moaning about everything under the sun (our national past time don't you know)  ;)

LaceSensor

Quote from: alanp on October 09, 2014, 03:41:16 AM
There's only so much wanking over photos of pedal boards I can take.

"Look at my amazing pedalboard, with clean wiring, and all the trendy gearz!"

/and I jizz in my pants