News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone following the "Taylor McGrath" debacle on TGP?

Started by culturejam, May 14, 2014, 10:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

I watched the full video last night and I do see how people can construe facts and how conversations like the one at TGP can become like wild fire.  What it all comes down to in my mind is Taylor did not communicate. No communication was given to the people that have been waiting days, months & years for a product.

I would never pay $3000 for a guitar since 1) this is not a profession for me & 2) I do not have a large amount of money to lay down on a custom built guitar.

Cody

playpunk

I can't imagine spending 43 minutes watching that douche talk. I got like 38 seconds in and was sick of that dummy. 
"my legend grows" - playpunk

GammaFlex

In my mind it would've been more effective/efficient to not take 44 minutes to talk about... whatever.

Instead I would've just jumped on the orders that need to be filled, fill them, make them awesome, don't read anything online and just get the product in a good shape and get it out. That is if he's legit. I don't really care if he is either way cause I don't have money tied up in any of his stuff, personally I think that the whole thing smells of drama and it doesn't smell good.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: SalvageAudio on May 19, 2014, 02:08:49 PM
In my mind it would've been more effective/efficient to not take 44 minutes to talk about... whatever.

Instead I would've just jumped on the orders that need to be filled, fill them, make them awesome, don't read anything online and just get the product in a good shape and get it out. That is if he's legit. I don't really care if he is either way cause I don't have money tied up in any of his stuff, personally I think that the whole thing smells of drama and it doesn't smell good.

I disagree about not needing the video, a statement is the first step of the communication. Then he set a goal on record, lets just hope he sticks to it.

Cody

Beedoola

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Govmnt_Lacky

miter53

Praise and worship, a community that seems to supply him with an endless army of sycophants.
"Only sick music makes money today."-Friedrich Nietzsche
My photography website: http://michaelteresko.com/

DutchMF

Quote from: juansolo on May 24, 2014, 10:31:17 AM
Quote from: Beedoola on May 24, 2014, 08:22:44 AM
Those P&W folk will believe almost anything.

/quickly registers JCFX ;)

I'll follow soon with SOG Custom Guitars......  ;)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

chromesphere

Im working on the Faith Booster right now.  Good news is, if you order now you should have a youtube video explanation as to why 12 months have passed and I still haven't delivered.

Seriously though, if you need to make a 45 min video full of excuses something's wrong here...
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Clayford

head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

jprizz

Jabulani Jonny

Quote from: chromesphere on May 25, 2014, 04:33:50 AM
Im working on the Faith Booster right now. 

This should actually be a thing.  If not, I'm gonna use it for an upcoming booster project. 
Jonathan

GermanCdn

Looks like Taylor and crew have packed up and left the States, leaving everyone owed in the lurch, according to the latest speculation on TGP.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

lars

After looking over all this, if you have $3,000 to dump on any guitar, go with one you can hold in your hands and play first. It doesn't matter how custom or how expensive a guitar is, sometimes a cheap Squier or Epiphone will play better. One of the best-playing guitars I've ever had was a Sheraton II that I got for $350 with the hardshell case. It played just as nice as my friend's vintage Gibson ES-335 that was worth 10x my Epiphone.
Now that I think about it, why did I sell that guitar?.....
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....