News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What amp do you run your pedals though?

Started by neiloler, May 14, 2014, 08:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NMB

Cool thread!
I've been doing most of my pedal testing through either a Valve jr head with a 1x12 or a '66 Vibrochamp.
The 'real' playing happens through a '66 Bassman, a '68 Super Reverb (w/ JBL E-130) or a '83 JCM800 2203 using a '70s Marshall 4x12, a 4x10 w/ EVM10/JBL E-110's or a 2x12 w/ EV's.
I'm also in the process of restoring a '66 Super Reverb and planning to do an 18w type build.
Surprised there aren't more people here who DIY amp stuff....

raulduke

Most my stuff gets played through my tweed champ clone (with princeton tone stack and other mods).

I'm after another amp though. My Orange OR15 just doesn't get used that much (bit of an impulse buy to be honest)  :(

I think I've finally come to the realisation that I'm a Fender amp guy... pedals tend to sound good through Fenders too.

jalmonsalmon

I usually run my pedals into a Marshall Class 5 head or a mesa boogie .50 cal plus into a Bogner 2x12 cab
The little Marshall is really great with fuzz pedals and overdrives and the mesa is great using the clean channel for anything.
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

tunatuk

I run a class 5 head too, into an orange 1x12.  I did the VVR mod into it to where I can get it dirty at lower volumes. It takes pretty much any pedal I throw at it and sounds great.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk