News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

new pedalboard in the making. Oiled up, getting there

Started by Sigesmundninja, May 16, 2014, 07:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigesmundninja

I habe been working on the pedalboard some more now... still a long way to go but here's a picture update.

box for wiring:

mounted:

loads of sanding  to get the square hole in plaze... the wood was so much harder to work with than i had imagined.

the inside:

left side of the frame... ouput and FX-loop jacks.

right side

placed the actual board on top, fits snuggly. Velcro all over and to USB-jacks at the top for lamps. Still waiting for the second one.

my babies! :)

love them all so much :)

I still need to sand everything before I oil it up.

flanagan0718

Nicely done! Love the jacks on the side. Good stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m-Kresol

This is friggin' amazing! Turned out even more awesome than I had imagined it. Very well done. Kudos to you, good sir!

One probably dumb question though: why do you put the AC input into the plastic? just for isolation? and how do you plug you power supply in from there? I assume it has a plug just like that -> you would need another cable... why not just put the power in through the back? Or is it just for the USB lamps? Great idea, btw.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Leevibe

Nice job fitting the IEC socket. Those square holes are a pain. I love the USB powered lamp idea. Looking great man. Can't wait to see a finish on that.

Morgan

Wow - kick ass!! Are those 5v USB ports for the lights? That is genius. And you can charge your phone during a gig. :D which I've actually had to do for set break music.
Moderator at BYOC, still sometimes futz around with Leila Vintage Electronics.

Old Blog...

pickdropper

That is one of the nicest boards I've seen.  Just beautiful
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jubal81

Damn that's hot. Gonna be a stunner when it's all finished up.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Sigesmundninja

Thank you everybody!

The AC-input is covered in plastic beacause i'm going to connect a strip of 10 ac-powersupplys to it (cut the wire) and I dont want it exposed. Here's the powerstrip I'm using.

http://www.conrad.se/F%26ouml;rgreningsdosa-utan-brytare-Ehmann-Vario-Linea-10x-1.5-m-Gr%26aring;.htm?websale8=conrad-swe&pi=551550&ci=SHOP_AREA_17267_0809013

Yepp, they are 5V USB jacks. Got the second lamp in the mail this morning so now its finally symetrical!  ;D

ggarms

Sigesmundninja

just got in 5 minutes ago, its soaking in oil at the moment. The wood is really coming to life.

Leevibe