News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cave Dweller (with relay switching)

Started by derevaun, May 16, 2014, 01:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derevaun

Finally boxed up the Cave Dweller, in 1590b with top mounted jacks and relay switching.

I OSHParked a board for Mictester's relay switching scheme with a momentary stomp, using the Neutrik-alike plastic jacks from Tayda. They suck, but it works. 0805 passives on the underside (my first SMD!). Just enough room for a thinline DC jack (from BLMS). I'm gonna use low profile jacks next time I try to topmount in a 1590b.

I tried a "bicolor stone" texturized spraypaint, which came out more texturized than bicolor, but close enough. Riffed on some cave painting with India ink. The LED just points toward the hole; some hot glue works well enough to transmit its light.

irmcdermott

I love how the stone paint ties into the whole theme. That's a great build.

muddyfox

Whoa!
Very cool indeed! Great job topmounting those jacks!

alanp

The top looks pretty damn cool (someone else has discovered the magic of India Ink!), and the guts look pretty mindblowing :D
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

midwayfair

selfdestroyer

Concept executed perfectly. Love it.

Cody

sonarchotic

That looks great! I may have to try out your board soon, looks like a great idea having the jacks and relay all in one.

davent

Great stone finish, love that look and like alanp mentioned... the secret of India Ink is spreading. Back to the caveman basics. Nicely done!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

catfud

love the cave painting, and a whole lot of nice 'n' neat inside!

jubal81

Theme & execution = WIN. This is looking like an entry for the next contest.

BTW, how is that relay circuit work working out? No switch bounce problems?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

hoodoo

Very creative and unique looking, first pedal rock i think i've come across, very cool  :)

bcalla

That is so cool!  What a great idea - and execution.

wgc

awesome!  figures the guys with the mics are chasing the dude with the guitar.  even back then.

props for giving smd a shot!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

lincolnic

This is awesome. I've never seen that kind of paint before!

davent

With those hips, hair, waist and stilletos i assumed the guitar player was female.... or maybe Fee Waybill, caveman of the protopunkocene geologic era.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?