News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First completed build in months!

Started by muddyfox, May 16, 2014, 08:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muddyfox

It's our very own Bengt's Blue Monster. I had the board semi-populated for weeks now but just couldn't find the time to finish it. Now that I'm messing with powdercoating and envirotexing, it was finally time to make a home for that board. The enclosure is actually one of Stevie's that I had lying around and the color fit perfectly so I decided to use it. I do have a similar color powder in stock but as with almost everything these days, I just couldn't find the time to try it out.
I'm not happy with offboard wiring. No planning went into it and it really is sloppy. Knowing fully well that I'd just drop the whole thing if I left it for another day to do a better job, I soldered it up just so it works. It'll have to do for now.
This is also my first ever envirotex finish. Plenty of dust in the finish due to pouring way too much ET and having to wipe off the runs for hours. There's one big run left from it curing overnight without me around to wipe it off. It's not that noticeable though when the pedal is on the floor so I'm not gonna fret about it. I'll adjust my process in the future and I'm quite confident I'll do a much better job of it pretty soon.
The label is a transparent inkjet sticker I picked up on ebay. Worked fine and didn't smudge at all.

So... onwards with the imagery...I'm sorry about the lighting, it was the best I could to with a cell phone at the moment.

irmcdermott

That looks awesome. I love the graphics.

muddyfox

Thanks!
I wish I could take any credit for it but being completely unartistic, I had to swipe borrow something from the interwebz.  ::)

upthepunxxx

In the words of Blag Dhalia, "Its tits! Oh yea its tits!"
Killer job! -me
Wake up and smell the noise!!

Vallhagen

Ah, there it is:).

Looks like a complete success to me, i really think you nailed the graphics and choice of font. Gives me a bit of a comics feel on a perfect blüe box!

So; im impressed:)

Cheers!
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

televisiondown

That's a lot of apologizing for a really great looking build.
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

muddyfox

It ain't easy living in my head, believe me...  ::)

pedalhealer

www.pedalhealer.com
instagram: pedalhealer_dot_com

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

peAk

lincolnic

You call that sloppy? Your neat pedals must be wireless.

I'm with Jacob, that monster is awesome.

wgc

I love so much about this build.  Those graphics are awesome, perfect color.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

catfud

Hangingmonkey

Looks great and the off board wiring looks fine to me. I'm in the middle of building mine at the moment, just waiting for a few parts.
What did you make of the effect?

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk