News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

[nonpedal] Baby Ten Sequencer

Started by alanp, May 21, 2014, 01:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Ten step sequencer, selectable from 1 to 10 steps, with reset in, clock in, and manual step and reset. CV out, and gate out :) Had to do some farting about with the Reset input circuitry.

Mechanically, this one wound up being a bloody pig. I spent more time getting the pots and switches on and then wiring it up than I did soldering resistors in. The board is backwards because I forgot to mirror my drill holes for the faceplate, so it was either drill the very expensive faceplate, or mount everything Lovetone style.

Not to mention everything is too damn close together. The pot markings are because I'm out of good 1900H knobs. Almost out of 3.5mm sockets, too.

This is what the other side of the board is like. I pinched the IC's for my final version, and didn't socket the transistors on the final one either (no vertical headroom.)

Still, everything is a learning experience! Now I know for the next board :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

raulduke

Very cool Alan. I also did a PCB layout for this sequencer (although mine isn't eurorack mounted).

Have you seen this: http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/BeatStep/intro.html

Gives you a step sequencer and will also do Midi-CV conversion. It's eurorack compatible too.

rullywowr

Looks sick Alan!  I gotta build something like that.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

guycapuano

LaceSensor

looks funky

just out of interest, does everything now work in reverse due to the flippage?

selfdestroyer

Looks fantastic Alan. All said and done I expect to hear the Blade Runner theme song from you.. lol

Cody