News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

has anyone had any relationship with this seller?

Started by micromegas, May 23, 2014, 02:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micromegas

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2N1308-CV7351-GERMANIUM-TRANSISTOR-X10PCS-/261069189439

I was thinking about building a BJF PPF after hearing Mike Herman's demo and this guy has some cool transistors on his store.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

dan.schumaker

I have been looking at the same transistor set.  Just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.  So, I have no input, but looking forward to see how it turns out :)

micromegas

the ebay seller seems to come from a store called Langrex in England. I'll wait to monday to see if someone can tell me something.

marmaliser

Looking at their website and ebay feedback I would definitely buy from them

micromegas

here's Mike's demo for your enjoyment by the way:

Mike B.

I've used Langrex before - reliable parts, and he's usually willing to work with you if you're looking for particular hfe/leakage.

micromegas

Quote from: Mike B. on May 23, 2014, 03:18:40 PM
I've used Langrex before - reliable parts, and he's usually willing to work with you if you're looking for particular hfe/leakage.

Ok, thanks, I'll place an order on Monday then.

micromegas

Well, I did not put the trigger finally...  but yesterday I got 10x 2n1309 (PHILIPS), 10x 2n404A  and 5x AC128/AC176 combos from "minifux" @EvilBAY

Now I think I'm addicted to germaniums..... I spotted a seller with a lot of russian equivalents of germanium transistors and it seems to be trusty.

The question is: should I get stocked on russian germaniums?? I'm giving myself 5 days to decide. Any help appreciated :)

GermanCdn

I just got a pile of germs in from miniflux today as well.  Ridiculously good price, cheap and fast shipping, can't wait to try them out.  Thinking they will breathe life into some rather dull germanium fuzzes I own.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

micromegas

I wanted those I got to build some bearfoots (I love how that sound :) ) and  a PTP fulltone '69 MKII.

But I saw that the seller "elena8913" has piles of Russian germaniums and I'm attracted to the idea of building some fuzz-rites..

GermanCdn

Buy some OA1160 diodes from miniflux.  Going to put them in an SK2.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

pickdropper

Make sure to measure the transistors from Miniflux.  I got some NPNs from him and they are quite leaky.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

micromegas

Quote from: pickdropper on June 02, 2014, 11:00:20 PM
Make sure to measure the transistors from Miniflux.  I got some NPNs from him and they are quite leaky.

10-4. I'll test them and post the results. And maybe, in some weeks, I could try to characterize them at the University Lab where I'm doing my final project. (Atlas is for pussies, specially when you have access to super-expensive network analyzers....)

chromesphere

I've bought probably about 40 transistors (in lots of 10) from minifux and they were 90% throw aways. Some so leaky they would thermally runaway. Maybe he has some good ones, but I decided to look elsewhere :)

Edit: Ahhh yeah.  They weren't ALL throwaways, I bought one of his 10/10 AC128/AC176 combos.  NPN's were all throw aways, about half of the ac128's were usable.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

pickdropper

Quote from: chromesphere on June 02, 2014, 11:55:44 PM
I've bought probably about 40 transistors (in lots of 10) from minifux and they were 90% throw aways. Some so leaky they would thermally runaway. Maybe he has some good ones, but I decided to look elsewhere :)

Edit: Ahhh yeah.  They weren't ALL throwaways, I bought one of his 10/10 AC128/AC176 combos.  NPN's were all throw aways, about half of the ac128's were usable.

Some of those leaky NPNs will work in circuits like the Screwdriver
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper