Eaglecad: My ground pour is independent of the ground traces and pad. How do....

Started by jimmybjj, April 12, 2011, 03:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmybjj

...make them as one? All ground pads are on a trace, when i look at other (bean's) the pad are part of the pour how do i change this? The way it looks now I still have a airwire connecting c5 to r10 for ground. If the ground pad or r10's ground side was in the ground pour i would have this problem. Thanks for any help.

I just looked at my first layout and the ground pad is in the ground pour, i wonder what changed or what I did wrong.

Also this is my second layout I have ever done. If you have any critiques good or bad I would appreciate it.
Pcbs no longer available

madbean

To do this, delete all traces connecting the components to ground so that you just have the airwires. Now rename the polygon used as the ground pour to GND. This will connect all the airwires to ground and create thermals (the cross hairs) around the pads.

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimmybjj

Quote from: madbean on April 12, 2011, 04:01:54 PM
To do this, delete all traces connecting the components to ground so that you just have the airwires. Now rename the polygon used as the ground pour to GND. This will connect all the airwires to ground and create thermals (the cross hairs) around the pads.

thanks, works as advertised  :)
Pcbs no longer available