News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

"Celeste" Chorus (EHX Clone Theory)

Started by Haberdasher, May 25, 2014, 07:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haberdasher

Hey guys & gals.  Here's a new one from me: the Celeste Chorus.  It's a reproduction of the old analog Clone Theory with the vibe/flange switch.
I built this sideways like the original somewhat, but it could obvi be built vertical too, with right and left i/o jacks.  The faceplate is an etch.  By the time i thought about envirotex I had already drilled the holes in it, so i might just spray it with clear instead unless i figure out a way to manage enviro when holes are already present...

Enjoy.

sorry for the screen-rape with so many pix, i couldn't figure out which ones to keep. :P
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

pryde

Just Wow  :o

Perfect inside and out. Fantastic work. Would love to hear a demo of this

bcalla

Perfection!  +1 on the demo.

Where did you get the knob indicator graphics?  Did you make them?  I have searched the web several times for something similar.

jkokura

No Apologies needed, looks awesome Hab.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

muddyfox

i do envirotex with holes already drilled. just tape from the back and pour away. when cured, drill with a step bit.
board flex may be an issue when drilling as et may lift easier, i only do this on aluminum...

Haberdasher

Hey thanks everyone.

Bob, the knob indicator graphics were in a pdf I found on the internet somewhere.  I don't know who to credit for it, but no, I did not make them myself.  I hope its ok to post it here, apologies to whoever was nice enough to make them.

Thanks muddyfox, that's what i was thinking, just mask it from the back and go.  Unfortunately this material is very thin and it would almost certainly flex some.  I might give it a try though. :)

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

LaceSensor

muddyfox

maybe if you put some harder backing material beneath and just leave enough room for the drill to pass, it just may eliminate enough board flex... it'd be nice to know if this is doable and repeatable.

i know other people have done this, et'ing the fr4... cant find who, though...

wgc

Awesome!  Those graphics are the nuts, super clean
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jubal81

That's effin' gorgeous. Love love love this one.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Haberdasher

Quote from: LaceSensor on May 25, 2014, 08:21:39 AM
looks awesome
are you selling PCBs?
Hey, yes i will be selling them.  i don't have a build doc yet, but i can get a bom to anyone interested right now.  anyway, i ordered 20 pcb's and built one, so 19 left for sale at this time. 13.99 plus shipping. i'll get a thread together in b/s/t in a few.
thanks

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

selfdestroyer

That is a beautiful build inside and out. Great job on the graphics also. I can't wait to get my hands on that PCB so I can box up my original big box Clone Theory to protect it. I just want to plug that thing in and play every Peter Hook bass line I can think of. Perfect build.

Quote from: Haberdasher on May 25, 2014, 09:33:12 AM
Quote from: LaceSensor on May 25, 2014, 08:21:39 AM
looks awesome
are you selling PCBs?
Hey, yes i will be selling them.  i don't have a build doc yet, but i can get a bom to anyone interested right now.  anyway, i ordered 20 pcb's and built one, so 19 left for sale at this time. 13.99 plus shipping. i'll get a thread together in b/s/t in a few.
thanks

Sign me up I will take one.

Cody

rullywowr

So clean, so awesome!  Nice job! 
I've et'd etched plates before no problem. As mentioned, tape from the back, elevate off the surface (blue tak works well) and pour. After dry you can use a knife to clean up the edges and drill the holes. Nothin to it and it will ensure the copper doesn't corrode over time.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

pickdropper

That is amazing, Keefe.  I really like the graphic you did for that one and the wiring is fantastic.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Vallhagen

Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/