News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Your Grandma's Lorus

Started by Rich_S, May 25, 2014, 07:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich_S

Here's my latest, a Slow Lorus build with only diode clipping.  Low-budget build using mostly parts I had in stock.  I did have to order an enclosure for it, but the first one that arrived had its powdercoating messed up - the coat was thin on the top and showing gray spots through the pink.  I was too impatient to wait for the second box Smallbear sent me, so I started thinking of ways to cover up the gray spots.  Then I remembered I had some samples of stick-on paisley that a guy from the TDPRI sent me a few years ago.  The enclosure was a perfect color match, and I had some tan knobs that matched the decal's background.

The sound is, of course, typically Rat-nasty.

Now I have the replacement enclosure and plenty more stick-on Paisley.  Hmm....
I am using you; am I amusing you? - Martha Johnson

Leevibe

Nice job. I love the paisley! No guts? :)

selfdestroyer

Great job with the colors and knob selection. Would love to see the insides... Don't be shy :)

Cody

Rich_S

The guts are a mess.  Since it's a parts-box build, the pots are whatever I had, don't match, and have flying leads.  A Rat's nest, as it were.

bcalla

catfud

Lovely looking build! Never mind wolf in sheep's clothing, this is a rat in a hippy's kaftan ;-)

Rich_S

Here's the inspiration, my old friend Tina playing her MIJ Paisley at our Drexel U. 25th Reunion in 2009.  The Paisley's always been a band joke with us, because the MIJ RIs first came out around 1985 when Tina was graduating and looking for a new guitar.  The guys in the band were teasing when we said, "You should get a pink paisley guitar 'cuz you're a girl."  Tina, who is in fact quite hippy-ish, was not offended but instead turned it around on us and thought the idea of a pink Paisley Telecaster was awesome.  This is her second, the first being lost in a house fire many years ago.

I'm the fat guy with the red Nashville.  I think if we ever do another reunion gig, I'm going to build Tina a combination dirt box and chorus in a large paisley box.

selfdestroyer

+1 for the matching chucks with the tele.

Cody

diablochris6

I am a sucker for paisley. Great job.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

peAk

Can't go wrong with paisley

Awesome job!