News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingslayer 2 gain control issue?

Started by zilla, May 25, 2014, 11:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Aha! Easy solution has been found: increase R28 to 120R or 150R. This drops the supply voltage down a bit, just enough so that it does not cause the noise problem.

At 120R, I measured right around +/-8v on the TLC274. With 150R, it was about +/-7.8v under load. So, either should be fine. You can still use the TLC274 and no noise when the gain is all the way down. I'm putting 150R in the updated doc just to be on the safe side.

-- If anyone needs the resistor, let me know and I will mail you one. I have carbon film.

sdlogan9

So I tried this and put the 150R 1/4 watt in place of R28 and still have the same noise!! :(

Any ideas?

-Shane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdlogan9

Ok so I robbed a 072 out of a Kingslayer I that I happened to have... Don't know why I didn't think of this earlier :) !!!

And

Voila it works like a charm!!!  No more noise problems!!

My recommendation would be to just use the 074's to avoid any possible problems.

-Shane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madbean

Shane, you mean a TL074 right? Not a TL072?

I will check into this some more today. I have a few other TLC274 chips on hand. I'll see if I can break it again. At least I'm glad you were able to get it working correctly.

sdlogan9

Ya I meant a TL074CN...

I robbed it out of a " Kingslayer I " - build I had.

Peace
Shane

Quote from: madbean on June 27, 2014, 07:34:13 AM
Shane, you mean a TL074 right? Not a TL072?

I will check into this some more today. I have a few other TLC274 chips on hand. I'll see if I can break it again. At least I'm glad you were able to get it working correctly.

blearyeyes

Brian did you get this to break again,?
I really want to build this lovely beast soon..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk