News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Brian-in-a-Box

Started by marauder, May 26, 2014, 11:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marauder

A 1776 Britannia, with a Greg Fryer Treble Booster Deluxe on the front end.

A added a switch to change the coupling cap after the first stage from 2.2nf to 220nf, simulating the normal input of the AC30, works really well, both with the booster active and without.

The booster is the type Brian uses these days, much quieter than a germ range master.  No pot, fixed 35db of gain!!

wgc

Brilliant! The pix are really slow to load though...
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

lincolnic

Dig the booster piggybacking on top of the Britannia.

Bret608

Brian with Jesse J at the London Olympics closing ceremony? He was still sounding really good...

juansolo

Yeah, it is.

I'll have to grab it from him and take a pic in the light tent as shiny enclosures are really hard to take pics of (the flash will have caused the issues). It looks really good in the flesh.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

rullywowr

Verah nice!  Clean as usual man.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

rullywowr

Verah nice!  Clean as usual man.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

juansolo

Light tents FTW

I really like this picture. It's essentially a rock god raining his musical love all over a girl on her knees in front of him (and loving it), metaphysically speaking.

That and he's old enough to be her grandfather, all makes it all ever the more awesome.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Willybomb

QuoteBrian with Jesse J at the London Olympics closing ceremony? He was still sounding really good...
I'm seeing Queen in August! (well, Brian, Roger, Adam Lambeth, and whoever they've got on bass these days...)

But back on topic - nice project.  I really must finish and box the BM Greg Fryer treble booster I have kicking around here.