News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Volume lost debug on Mudbunny [edit] - Sound like a beast now :)

Started by Gledison, May 26, 2014, 11:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Yep, its the triangle...im wondering if i should change to other configuration, im not getting it right! :(
Well, never mind for a while now. I've just destroyed the track of C8 trying to change the cap. Another lesson learned, Don't push the capictor through the hole and heating at the same time...
damn it!!!
back to toner transfer :)
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

midwayfair

Quote from: Gledison on May 29, 2014, 05:21:19 AM
Yep, its the triangle...im wondering if i should change to other configuration, im not getting it right! :(
Well, never mind for a while now. I've just destroyed the track of C8 trying to change the cap. Another lesson learned, Don't push the capictor through the hole and heating at the same time...
damn it!!!

Should still be salvagable :(

Gledison

Quote from: midwayfair on May 29, 2014, 05:45:48 AM
Quote from: Gledison on May 29, 2014, 05:21:19 AM
damn it!!!

Should still be salvagable :(
Well John, it should, but it think is not worthy. I would end up with a pedal that could be very unstable! I love etching and the most difficult part IMO is the enclosure paint job work anyways...
i hope this time everything will work!
btw, do you think that the prob in volume could be due to the cap substitutions?
cheers

Blues Healer

I had a similar problem with one of my Mudbunny builds, and it was a problem with resistor values. I don't remember exactly, but I think I used a lower value on one -- like 10k instead of 100k.
"music heals"

Gledison

I will start from scratch measuring every resistor before soldering, what i usually do! Lets see!

Gledison

yeeeeeeesss! just etched a new board and carefully started from the scratch. its unbelievable how much time i spent on enclosures and how little on the real fun that is populating and testing.
well, now everything sounds great and with a huge volume boost!
Thanks Brian again for this great pedal!

m-Kresol

Congrats! It's funny that you love debugging. Most of us hate it. Like really a lot. I know that I do  :P
I still would like to know the issue with your first build. Which way did you put your trannies this time? like you had them in the beginning or 180° turned?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Gledison

Quote from: m-Kresol on June 10, 2014, 01:44:39 PM
Congrats! It's funny that you love debugging. Most of us hate it. Like really a lot. I know that I do  :P
I still would like to know the issue with your first build. Which way did you put your trannies this time? like you had them in the beginning or 180° turned?
ehhehe, i think i like debugging because is the best way i learn. if everything goes well, im just building, not thinking too much , i guess.
with the audio probe, i can hear what each components does to the sound....last time i found a way to remove completely one guitar from a song...after some frequence filters, etc...na jaaaa!
well, i guess that the main problem was the pcb itself. the trannies were on the right position.
after i removed the c8 and tried to add another one, the pad came out. i think that the ferric chloride oxidized underneath of that part, where probably was a bad contact. after etching a new one, and i used the same transistors and pots, everything sound great...
ready for the next one...douuuble flush tremolo