News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

"remote-controlled" Looper-thingy.

Started by Sigesmundninja, May 28, 2014, 08:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigesmundninja

The Pedalboard I'm in the process of making will house about 5-6 more pedals more than I have in on floor at the moment, so I figured I need more control! I want to use the 2 external switch-jacks on my Carl Martin Octaswitch II to control a loop-pedal with 2 FX-loops... this would expand my octaswitch into a 10-loop-pedal. Aside from that, it would also let me place these extra 2 loops before or after the 8 main loops and still let me place pedals in series between the 8 and 2 extra loops.... make sense?

here's the result.

I also added a toggle that switches between "remote" and "manual". Manual lets me use the stompswitches.

Here's a example on how it works. For those of you who are new to the octaswith I'll give you a quick tour. there are 8 switches (9 if you count bypass) each have 8 dipswitches to set which of the 8 loops should be active for that stompswitch. there are also 2 sets of 8 dipswitches for the 2 "external switch"-jacks (to switch amp-channel for example). In the example below I've used this setup:

Guitar > Octaswitch > Phase 90 > "DIY 2 channel looper" > Amp
and in the looper channel B is the Tube Driver, channel A is power boost

Switch B active:

Switch A active:

Both on.

m-Kresol

I'm still trying to figure out how exactly that would work, but it's a great idea and well executed!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Sigesmundninja

I'll give it another shot:

the octaswitch has 8 footswitches, think of them as banks. For each bank there are 8 dipswitches to set which of the 8 loops should be on or off. Additionally you can set dipswithes for each of the 2 external-control jacks to decide if they should be on or off in each bank.

The pedal in this report uses signals from the external switch jacks instead of footswitches (the toggleswith lets me choose function) to control 2 individual lopps.

hopefully this makes some sense... swedish would have made this much easier  :D

m-Kresol

thanks for trying to explain it again.
I still didn't get it, but I found a demonstration video. I didn't realize that the DIPswitches on the external switches correspond to the 8 "programs" rather then to the effects loops of the octaswitch... Now it makes sense! :d
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Leevibe