News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Queen of what kind of clone?

Started by ckim715, May 29, 2014, 02:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckim715

Finished Rullywow's KOT Clone (Queen of Bone). SOUNDS. AMAZING. I have the red side as OD and the Yellow side as Dist...absolutely loving the tones I'm getting out of it. I have a JRC 4558 in the red side and an OPA2134 in the yellow, and I'm running it at 18 volts. Diodes used were 1n4148 and BA282
In addition, rullywow's breakout boards are making wiring such a breeze. It's not as neat as I'd like it to be, but I'm definitely getting better. I was going to do labels...but I kind of like the blank look.

Ignore the mismatched knobs, I'm waiting on knobbies to get here from mammoth :)

-Charlie

GammaFlex

That's awesomely clean! nice work. Which knobs are planning to put on it?

wgc

Looks great, close one with that dc jack...
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Leevibe

ckim715

Quote from: wgc on May 29, 2014, 12:16:28 PM
Looks great, close one with that dc jack...
Very close, but I think that adds to the tidyness.

Shout out to rullywow for a great layout!
-Charlie

rullywowr

Nicely done!  Glad you dig the sounds, and cool choice on the clipping diodes. :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

ckim715

Thanks; I will be ordering another one as well as your comp! Love the quality of your boards!
-Charlie

rullywowr

Quote from: ckim715 on May 29, 2014, 03:42:42 PM
Thanks; I will be ordering another one as well as your comp! Love the quality of your boards!

Thanks so much!  I have about 10+ new boards about to drop...fun stuff coming up. :)

ckim715

Any idea as to the time frame/what kind of boards (sneak preview!)? I'll hold off on ordering the QoB/Comp in case there's something interesting I want to order from the new batch :D
-Charlie

rullywowr

Not to derail the thread but most likely dropping these within 10-14 days or so.... NoPOP momentary mounted smart relay switcher, NoPOP mini (for double sided tape mounting), Tap Tempo Tremulus Lune, Distortion II, my take on the Klon, Barbershop, Crazy Horse, Ross/Dynacomp, Deuce Coupe, Guv'Nor, ...and I'm sure I'm missing some others.  Boards are in, just need to verify...been all over the world lately and missing home and my soldering iron!

ckim715

Oh, that tremulus lune is piquing my interest. May have to hold off on my order until those are verified!
-Charlie