News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Green Bean

Started by Jabulani Jonny, May 28, 2014, 08:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jabulani Jonny

Here's a Green Bean build.  Sounds great.  I've got BAT 41's in the Asym clipping spot and I think I put 1n914's in the symmetric side.  This was a comedy of errors on my part, all having to do with the pot labeling.  I forgot to rearrange them for how the PCB was set up after copying them in.  You'll notice that they correspond directly to Klone pots.   :P

Anyway, this is going to a friend, which I'm sure will dig it.  Nice easy build to come back from vacation to. 

TS808 clone by Jonathan Payne, on Flickr

TS808 clone by Jonathan Payne, on Flickr
Jonathan

hoodoo

Lucky friend, nice one  :)

wgc

Looks great, I've messed up the pot labeling and done the shuffle too
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Leevibe

Looks great and all's well that ends well. Very clean work. Your friend will dig it for sure.

bcalla

Nice work - great looking pedal.  And very neat wiring, too.

rullywowr

Almost missed this one. Can't go wrong with a TS!  Cool graphic and the wiring is nice too.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

selfdestroyer

The artwork and waterslide look awesome. Great job.

Cody

Jabulani Jonny

Thanks guys. I've been leaning to more simplistic design styles on the pedals I'm doing.

I found this clear satin finish by Valspar at Lowes that I'm loving. Dries fast and doesn't run at all.

http://lowes.com/pd_110882-4-410.0085059.076_?productId=3728567

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonathan

peAk

awesome work jonny!

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Jabulani Jonny on May 29, 2014, 12:12:24 PM
Thanks guys. I've been leaning to more simplistic design styles on the pedals I'm doing.

I found this clear satin finish by Valspar at Lowes that I'm loving. Dries fast and doesn't run at all.

I'll have to try that as I am not to happy with the satin clear I am using. How many coats do you do with this stuff?

Cody

Jabulani Jonny

Quote from: selfdestroyer on May 29, 2014, 11:24:04 PM

I'll have to try that as I am not to happy with the satin clear I am using. How many coats do you do with this stuff?

Cody

I do 2-3 med coats. Usually does the trick.

Jonathan

Jabulani Jonny

Cody

Hey Self, I've had some recent issues with the Valspar Satin finish.  It's been "fogging" up on coats and can't figure out why.  I'm on my 4th refinish of a Zendrive.

What Satin finish were you using?  Krylon?
Jonathan

flanagan0718

haha! I like the "self" comment. That's the second time someone mentioned the Krylon. I'll have to pick some up this weekend. I currently swear, cuss out, and despise use the valspar stuff too.

Jakes Dad

Quote from: Jabulani Jonny on June 19, 2014, 06:51:50 AM

Cody

Hey Self, I've had some recent issues with the Valspar Satin finish.  It's been "fogging" up on coats and can't figure out why.  I'm on my 4th refinish of a Zendrive.

What Satin finish were you using?  Krylon?

Fogging is generally (but not always) a result of high humidity.  With colors and gloss clear coats it will usually polish out - not sure not sure how that would work on semi-gloss, matte or flat clear coats.

Chuck

Jabulani Jonny

Quote from: Jakes Dad on June 19, 2014, 07:57:21 AM

Fogging is generally (but not always) a result of high humidity.  With colors and gloss clear coats it will usually polish out - not sure not sure how that would work on semi-gloss, matte or flat clear coats.

Chuck

Aaahhhhh, yes.  That must be it.  I've had good results with this in the cooler, lower humidity months, but now I'm battling it on every coat.  I wonder why, let's see....Georgia in June with daily afternoon thunderstorms = 100% humidity.  Guess I'll have to figure out another option as I haven't been able to polish it out of the satin finish. 
Jonathan