News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Schumann PLL power question

Started by Hangingmonkey, May 30, 2014, 12:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangingmonkey

I'm currently working my way through a vero of the Schumann pll and I'm trying to find a 12VAC adapter but no luck. All the adapters I can see on eBay are acdc. I'm in the uk, anyone have any suggestions where I can find such a contraption?

davent

This is a long shot but i've a few 12vac adapters that at one time powered Ikea halogen lamps, any chance of scavenging something like that on your side of the Atlantic?
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

alanp

I wound up buying a Cioks AC10. As well as the schumann (still not bloody going), it powers Heavy Water, and more importantly my eurorack synth :D

Oh, and the 9VDC are useful for some esoteric electronics as well, from time to time ;)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

LaceSensor

Hangingmonkey

Quote from: alanp on May 30, 2014, 05:08:54 AM
I wound up buying a Cioks AC10. As well as the schumann (still not bloody going), it powers Heavy Water, and more importantly my eurorack synth :D

Oh, and the 9VDC are useful for some esoteric electronics as well, from time to time ;)

I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a cioks till I found out what it was and how much it cost!  I'm just building the PLL just for the hell of it, it's not really something I have a use for so I'm gonna have to go for a more economical solution. Which PLL did you make, vero or PCB?

Hangingmonkey

Quote from: LaceSensor on May 31, 2014, 12:32:10 AM
Charge pump and run it in DC.

So, just a roadrage and 12vdc?

Ps, I've built your doppelgänger, shoebox version, build report coming soon...